BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2012 12:09 am  #1

Group Roleplay: Sherlock's Return

Sherlock Holmes sat in the back of the government car supplied by his brother Mycroft and snuck another furtive glance over his shoulder. It was still there. A dark blue Mercedes with blacked out windows had been following them all the way from the airport hotel where Sherlock had been staying since he arrived back in London. He'd asked his driver to make several unusual turns in an attempt to lose it, but it seems his pursuer knew the backstreets and one way systems of London just as well as Sherlock did, and despite the traffic still managed to keep hot on their heels. Sherlock turned back in his seat and stared out of the window. They had just turned onto Baker Street and as they pulled up outside 221B his heart involuntarily skipped a beat. He thanked the driver and got out then stood for a moment and watched the government car drive off down the street and turn the corner, followed by the car that had been trailing them. As the Mercedes passed him, Sherlock squinted in a final attempt to see through the blackened windows. He could just about make out the shape of a man in the back seat and felt eyes boring into his...but nothing more. He felt a shiver down the back of his neck, then it was gone and so was the car.

Sherlock turned his attention back to his old front door and allowed his fingers to gently carress the letters and door knocker. In his left hand he grasped the shiny new key provided by Mycroft. He'd asked him to change the locks as an extra security measure for John. He wanted to be sure of John's safety whilst he was away. Now he took that key and turned it in the lock, and the door of his home swung open noiselessly. He stepped inside and closed it quietly behind him. He was immediately struck by the not unpleasant scent of Mrs Hudson's perfume hitting his nostrils mixed with the smell of cottage pie. He pricked up his ears and listened a while...she was in the kitchen, singing to herself whilst cooking. He smiled as he approached the stairs. He had to resist the urge to run straight to Mrs Hudson and let her know he was alive...but he knew he had to stick to his original plan. He had to tell John first.

He took the stairs slowly, careful to miss out the creaky 4th step and go straight to the 5th. In a matter of seconds he was standing back inside the flat...the place he'd been away from for 3 years. The first thing he did was go to the windows and close over the curtains. Then he allowed himself a couple of minutes to walk around slowly, inspecting everything, taking it all in. He instantly noticed that the place seemed a lot tidier...certainly the kitchen was the tidiest it had been in years. He opened the fridge and glanced inside. Sparkling clean...not an experiment in sight. He grinned. He'd soon change that. He also noticed that many of his possessions appeared to be missing. No sign of his chemistry equipment - his test tubes, bunsen burner etc; no sign of the skull, or his treasured violin. Frowning slightly, Sherlock headed towards his bedroom, quite eager to see whether it was still the same as he'd left it. Upon turning the handle he found that it was locked from the outside. A lock had been put on the door. How strange, he thought to himself. Not that a lock would ever put him off. He removed a thin piece of wire from the inside of his coat pocket and it took him less than a minute to pick the lock.

He opened the door to his bedroom and walked inside. So that was where all his stuff had gone - the chemical equipment was stacked in the corner; his violin was inside its case on his bed, and on top of the violin case was the skull. Sherlock approached the bed, picked up the skull and looked at it fondly, then placed it back down and began to fumble with the locks on his violin case. He'd bought another one whilst he'd been away but it wasn't the same as his old favourite. He took it out the case and was just tightening up the bow to play a tune when he heard the sound of a car pulling up outside. He raced out of the bedroom and ran to the window, twitching the curtains slightly to look. Yes, it was John, returning home from work. With a devilish grin, Sherlock leapt onto the sofa and assumed his position whipping a blanket up to cover himself. This plan to leap out and surprise his friend was going to be quite delightful.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (May 19, 2012 12:09 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 4, 2012 9:09 pm  #2

Re: Group Roleplay: Sherlock's Return

Someone should really reply on this soon, you've put quite a lot of effort in!
I would reply but I don't have a part and awful at improvising!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 5, 2012 1:11 am  #3

I've got something...am just  fininshing up  with it.  I'm  John,  BTW. 

I  could  be sherlocks kitty  too......that wud be adorkable,  wudn't it?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 5, 2012 1:12 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 2:48 am  #4

Before John even made it out of the cab, the door had opened and Mrs Hudson came rushing in, muttering to herself. "Oh dear, he's back early, I'll just pop the kettle on & leave him these cakes to nibble on, poor man. Oh I thought I folded all the blankets away? Never mind I'll leave it for now, he hates it when I fuss. Oh.. it's all dark in here."
Mrs Hudson walked over to open a few curtains.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 5:24 am  #5

John paid the cabbie,   and then  turned around.   Something had 'told' him to look up,   beyond the cafe's awning,  at the two windows that sat there with their curtains drawn.   The two windows were the living room windows of the flat he had shared with his best friend, Sherlock Holmes, a famous consulting detective.  That man had been dead for three years.  He could have sworn he'd seen something,  but he pushed it out of his mind as a trick of the light.  It WAS   sunset after all.   Perhaps the sun's rays were just showing   shadows.  He sighed, then took out his keys and unlocked the door of 221B  Baker Street.  He  did not notice the scruff marks near the keyhole.

Inside, he took off his jacket and hung it in the closet, then set his medicine bag on the table there.   He’d just had a hard day  in surgery At Bart’s Hospital,   and all he wanted to do was sit down and rest his feet.   But he knew he needed to eat first.  There were some noises coming from the kitchen,  but he figured it was just Mrs. Hudson fiddling about, cleaning or something.   Without calling out to her,   he hurried upstairs to his bedroom  to change his clothes.  After doing so,  he made his way downstairs.   He  greeted Mrs, Hudson  as she was pouring tea  into some cups.   He  noticed the living room was a little brighter,  but he didn’t notice the lumpy blankets on the couch.   

“Hi,  Mrs. Hudson.   Thank you so much."   He sat down gratefully  and started sipping the tea.  "how was your day?"

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 5, 2012 5:25 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 21, 2012 10:25 am  #6

Sherlock lay as still as possible underneath his blanket, his heart pounding fast and a small smile on his face as he listened to John's conversation with Mrs Hudson. He wondered whether he should leap out immediately and say hello to them both but he managed to resist the temptation and waited until their landlady had returned downstairs.

He twitched the blankets slightly and peered out from a tiny crack until he could spot John sat on his favourite armchair reading the newspaper. His attention was diverted so now would be the perfect moment to surprise him. He held off a further moment until his friend had set down the hot cup of tea just in case he dropped it in shock and scalded himself, then he quickly whipped back the blankets and sat up. "Hello John!" he called out cheerfully.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 28, 2012 4:26 pm  #7

John heard the voice through the newspaper  he was reading,  and slowly put it down.  What he saw next was unexpected.  There was Sherlock,  on the couch, sitting up and staring at him with a smile.  He stood up, and then backed away to stand behind his chair.   "No.  NO!!  It can't be you!! Oh my god...."  he backed further away until he was in the kitchen.  "I...I'm not dreaming you, am I?"  he whispered, still in shock.  After a moment of just staring at the man who stood before him,  John’s anger then  rose to the surface.  He could not control what came out of his mouth next.  “WHY?!!  It’s been  3 years..….How the HELL  did you survive that fall??!!  I  saw you jump!!  You were DEAD  on that sidewalk!! I even checked your pulse.."   John  inched closer to Sherlock, his eyes burning in rage.  He felt like punching Sherlock.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 1, 2012 6:28 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera