BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2016 4:09 am  #1

Hello everyone

I'm thrilled to be accepted to your forum. I'm a 63 yr old lifelong Sherlock Holmes fan, from Basil Rathbone, to Nicol Williamson, to Jeremy Brett, and I'm totally enchanted by this latest incarnation of our heroes. Moffat and Gatiss are absolutely brilliant, as are Benedict and Martin. Looking forward to the new season. Can't come soon enough.

Last edited by Meggie K (December 25, 2016 3:37 pm)

December 25, 2016 9:39 am  #2

Re: Hello everyone

Hi, very nice that you joined us. It is so cool, that you enjoy this BBC version, for some of the elderly generation (sorry) BBC Sherlock seems to be too fast. (For my mum, for example, she is nearly your age). Apparently you remained young in your mind. ;)
Oh and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Rache (December 25, 2016 9:41 am)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 25, 2016 11:10 am  #3

Hello Meggie, welcome to the forum and have fun. And Merry Christmas to you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 25, 2016 6:09 pm  #4

Hi Meggie, welcome to the site! I joined recently too and everyone here is really friendly!

Merry Christmas to you

Last edited by Lis (December 27, 2016 1:02 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 25, 2016 6:14 pm  #5

Hi Meggie and welcome aboard!
It's the best time to join the madness, have fun!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 25, 2016 6:33 pm  #6

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone! I have been fascinated with Sherlock since I read Silver Blaze in 4th grade.​ Rache, you are absolutely right- it takes great concentration and intense listening to catch every nuance S. Moffat and M. Gatiss have written into these stories, at ANY age, but especially someone older, like myself.. I am American, so, also, obviously some British references go over my head.Hopefully, here, if I don't 'get' something, there will be plenty of fellow Sherlockians to clarify!

December 27, 2016 6:18 am  #7

Welcome to the forum, Meggie. What an exciting time to join the fandom. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2016 7:56 am  #8

Welcome, Meggie!  I kind of grew up with the Rathbone films and loved them (they were shown a lot on TV in the UK).  It's a great time to join the forum with a new episode in just a few days! 

Board footera