BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2016 8:27 am  #1

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

Ben appeared on the 3rd November episode, here's a funny sketch he did with Jimmy

I loved his accent!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 8:38 am  #2

Re: The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

I can't wait to watch this later today! (I'm waiting on the postman, so I can't put on headphones...) 

But the gifs and stuff I've seen looks awesome! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 8:41 am  #3

And Benedict looks so hot

Last edited by ukaunz (November 4, 2016 8:43 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2016 8:43 am  #4

If he was interrogating me I'd confess to anything! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 9:07 am  #5

Btw... for Germans.. 11:15 pm on One ARD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 4, 2016 9:13 am  #6

Another show we don't get on Australian TV. Wish I knew where I could watch the whole episode

November 4, 2016 9:15 am  #7

Mahahahaaaaaaa...! I'm deaded! This is hilarious, thanks for the video, ukaunz!
His answers were great, and I love it when they're doing the scene and are cracking up together.
And yes, Benedict looks pretty breathtaking.

gently, thanks for the information... I know what we'll be doing tonight then. Thank god my boyfriend loves the show anyway. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 4, 2016 10:14 am  #8

ukaunz wrote:

Another show we don't get on Australian TV. Wish I knew where I could watch the whole episode

I think that's the only US Talk Show which is aired on German TV, the major exception.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

November 4, 2016 10:20 am  #9

ABC used to show it, I don't know why they've stopped. We get Graham Norton here, but I'm not sure about other talk shows.

November 4, 2016 11:14 am  #10

I love everything about the sketch and how it is prepared. They are having so much fun and it seems genuine. And the little celebration dance is lovely as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2016 11:30 am  #11

(Tony Hadley)

November 4, 2016 11:46 am  #12

I just watched it, and wow. He really seemed to have fun! 

I love how candid he was, and the sketch was hilarious! Even the work they did before it. He's got a random brain I must say!

And I laughed till I cried during the sketch, literally. He really tried hard to keep a straight face! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 12:06 pm  #13

Sketch was glorious!
Now I want Ben to play a detective so that I can see more of him wearing a gun holster with his sleeves rolled up. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 4, 2016 1:08 pm  #14

tonnaree wrote:

Now I want Ben to play a detective so that I can see more of him wearing a gun holster with his sleeves rolled up. 

This is such a cliché if I ever saw one! And I'm loving it!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 4, 2016 1:12 pm  #15

Me too! I'm a sucker for that, with Ben in it... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2016 1:19 pm  #16

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

This is such a cliché if I ever saw one! And I'm loving it!

Well... that wasn't real? Aren't police detectives like this?

(Tony Hadley)

November 4, 2016 8:39 pm  #17

SusiGo wrote:

I love everything about the sketch and how it is prepared. They are having so much fun and it seems genuine. And the little celebration dance is lovely as well. 

Oh, I hadn't seen that until now, we'd better post that clip too

And also this one

Last edited by ukaunz (November 4, 2016 8:42 pm)

November 4, 2016 9:40 pm  #18

Just read on E!Online: "Before taking their places in the faux prison cell, the Thor: Ragnarok star and the Tonight Show host filled in the blanks for their scene with a round of mad libs."

What?? I thought knowing the entertainment industry was supposed to be their thing...

November 5, 2016 2:13 am  #19

ukaunz wrote:

Just read on E!Online: "Before taking their places in the faux prison cell, the Thor: Ragnarok star and the Tonight Show host filled in the blanks for their scene with a round of mad libs."

What?? I thought knowing the entertainment industry was supposed to be their thing...

OMG!  If you've seen the movie you know that one of the post credits scene is Doctor Strange talking to Thor about helping him with something!  People have been speculating for a while that Strange might turn up in some way in the new Thor movie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 5, 2016 2:19 am  #20

Oh, is Ragnarok the one that hasn't been made yet? I just assumed they were being dumb and getting his movies mixed up with Hiddleston's or something

Board footera