BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2016 11:33 am  #1

Hello from Germany

Hey folks :D

I am one of the new ones here, my name is Julia, though in the world of the Internet I react quicker when you call me Bithya :D

I found this forum when I searched reviews and opinions on ep 1 of season 3. I just watched that (and no further) and was at the same time so hyped and so dissappointed by that episode, that I needed the opinions of other people to understand wth happened there :D And now I am navigating through this forum and desperatly try to not get myself spoilered :D Haha. Well. Nice reading you all

September 23, 2016 12:13 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Germany

Welcome to the forum, Julia/Bithya!
So when you're saying that you just watched TEH and no further, that surely means that you have already seen all episodes of S1 and S2... I can tell you that TEH is one of the episodes I'm still having huge difficulties with. Maybe you'd like to share why you are hyped and disappointed at the same time when it comes to TEH?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 23, 2016 12:58 pm  #3

I was very impressed with the way the relationship of Sherlock and John was depicted at the end of season 2 and they picked up on that nearly perfectly in TEH. Any interaction between the two felt authentic and very, very genuine, I loved it, it made me want to see more to explore their relationship even further.
But the rest? Like ... those cut in "made up" theories about how he survived were ... funny, but strange? And the "case" was really not a case. My boyfriend and I sat there in the end wondereing what exactly we just watched. There was not much Sherlock-Holmes-deduction going on for that case and the off switch of the bomb was ... I don't know, kinda lame, too. 

September 23, 2016 2:36 pm  #4

Welcome, Bithya, nice to have you here. The opinions about TEH have been and are still divided. I think the episode has a lot of qualities although it is not my favourite. Maybe you should watch the rest and then delve into the threads in order not to be spoilered? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2016 10:29 pm  #5

Hi Bithya, like so many others here I'm from Germany, too.
You definiteley need to see the rest of s3. You'll see that s3 in general is a bit different from s1+2. And you need to see the special, The Abominable Bride, if you still haven't. I was totally speechless, because I was expecting everything but not THAT.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

September 24, 2016 6:51 am  #6

Welcome, Bithya! I was in a similar position to you, because I joined this forum while I was watching S2, and suddenly had the same need to discuss things!   I did end up getting spoilered a bit by discussing in the forums, even though I mostly only went to the ones for the particular episodes.  To be honest, even coming to the forum is enough as sometimes you accidentally come across spoilers in thread titles.  If you're not too bothered by spoilers (I wasn't) then I hope you dive in!

I liked TEH, but I personally don't feel it properly resolved TRF. 

September 24, 2016 6:29 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum, Bithya. I can tell you that TEH is my least favourite episode so far but I think that the other two episodes are well worth watching - and completely different from TEH. You should really give it a try.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera