BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2016 9:09 am  #1

Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

Welcome to the fourth Secret Santa Fic Exchange, for those who love to read, write and exchange Sherlock fan fiction. 

Everyone is welcome, no matter what their prefered pairings, settings or ratings are.

How does the fic exchange work?
It's a Secret Santa gift swap. Everyone who participates will be secretly assigned a recipient, and will write a story (or poem if you like) fulfilling their prompts. In return you will receive a story written to your own prompt, composed by another participant (not necessarily the person you are writing for). You will send your finished stories to me, and I will post them in a separate thread with the name of the recipient only, so that initially no one will know who wrote which story. The authors will be revealed at a later date after all the stories have been posted.

So, who would like to join?
Send me a PM before October 1st. You will get a questionnaire telling me what you would like to write about (and what not) and what you would like the fic written for you to be about (and what not). You can also include a prompt if you like, or give a heading or key words.

I'll match wishes and offers as well as possible and send you your tasks around the beginning of October.

You can be as creative as you like! The minimum story length (prose) is 221 words. The maximum word count for stories is 10,000 but don't feel that you have to write this much! Poems can be any length the author wishes. The fics should be rated General Audience or Teens and up, nothing explicit. You don't have to be an experienced writer and definitely not a native speaker. The only condition for taking part is that you are willing to read all other fics that will be posted. Of course, it is perfectly fine if you won't manage to read all the fics but if you rule out certain topics (like good!Mary or Johnlock) completely, this exchange is not the right place for you. 

I am very excited about it already and hope there will be lots of you joining, like always!

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 11, 2016 12:46 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 10, 2016 9:36 am  #2

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2016

YAAAAAAAAAAS!

Looking forward to this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2016 9:41 am  #3

Thank you very much for organising this again, Schmiezi! Looking forward to it very much. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2016 9:47 am  #4

Glad to hear that, you two. It feels a bit strange to post it and then go to the beach to take bath...

Anyway, participants so far in alphabetical order:

1 dioscureantwins
2 Lilythiell
3 mrshouse
4 nakahara
5 NotYourHousekeeperDear
6 Schmiezi
7 Sherlock Holmes
8 SilverMoonDragonB
9 SusiGo
10 Vhanja
11 Yitzock

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 29, 2016 4:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2016 10:50 am  #5

This will be a great Christmas! :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 10, 2016 10:58 am  #6

I am considering taking part this time... but I'll have to think it over before I promise too much.

It sounds like a lot of fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2016 12:38 pm  #7

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I am considering taking part this time... but I'll have to think it over before I promise too much.

It sounds like a lot of fun!

It is, definitely. It would be great if you joined us. :-)

September 10, 2016 1:55 pm  #8

I think I will join as well again.
@Phantom, do join us! It's always a whole new little subcommunity for those weeks, it's really nice!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 10, 2016 1:58 pm  #9

That's true. And all participants are supportive if you need help or more time or simply an opinion.

September 10, 2016 2:16 pm  #10

Thanks girls! I am certainly tempted! I just wonder where my head will be... and I hate committing to something that I can't finish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2016 4:52 pm  #11

[sigh]  I would love to participate again, but since that would mean having to read slash, I will have to decline this time.

September 10, 2016 5:00 pm  #12

kgreen20 wrote:

[sigh]  I would love to participate again, but since that would mean having to read slash, I will have to decline this time.

Just to be perfectly clear for newbies: no fic will be explicit, but there will be fics with m/m or f/f pairings of course, just as there will be Warstan or Sherlolly fics.

September 10, 2016 5:06 pm  #13

And so it begins!!

I'm in!

Clueing for looks.

September 10, 2016 5:11 pm  #14

Yitzock wrote:

And so it begins!!

I'm in!

Yay! :-D

September 10, 2016 5:51 pm  #15

Now, good!Mary fics, I have no problem with. =)

September 10, 2016 5:58 pm  #16

Well, I have, and yet I am going to read them if they come up. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2016 6:01 pm  #17

I would love to read Sherlolly, simply because we never had it before.

Or did  we have one already?

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 10, 2016 6:10 pm)

September 10, 2016 6:12 pm  #18

Not sure about that. I think we usually have no relationship or Johnlock stories. 

September 10, 2016 7:57 pm  #19

It´s that part of the yea already, huh? Time flies like crazy....

Count me in. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 11, 2016 12:43 pm  #20

Yay! Welcome aboard.

I guess you have noticed  by now that I'm sending out questionnairs already. I felt like there is no need to wait, with you all being so enthusiastic.

Of course I will only start matching after the time for applications is over and I got the last questionnaire. Whenever somebody joins, they will receive the questionnaire as asap as possible.

Board footera