BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2016 9:15 am  #1

Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Here's the first officially released photo from Series 4, I'm excited

https://twitter.com/bbcone/status/753861925692465153

Last edited by ukaunz (July 15, 2016 9:33 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2016 9:21 am  #2

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

I absolutely adore this picture.
There's also a larger version with his knee visible (yep, I'm that obsessed, but I feel like I'm in a good company here, lol):

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 15, 2016 9:29 am  #3

Thank you, I like that one better!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2016 9:40 am  #4

AHHHHHHHHHHH
I made it my new Twitter header, it's amazing.

I really need the dog to be called Toby.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 15, 2016 9:42 am  #5

I hope it is called Toby, despite Molly already having owned a cat by that name...

July 15, 2016 10:19 am  #6

Love it! 

July 15, 2016 11:48 am  #7

Ok Toby.
See that man over there?
That's John, and I want him.
Now FETCH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 15, 2016 2:47 pm  #8

This made my entire weekend.

Yessss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 15, 2016 2:49 pm  #9

Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 15, 2016 4:49 pm  #10

tonnaree wrote:

Ok Toby.
See that man over there?
That's John, and I want him.
Now FETCH!

LOL!

July 15, 2016 5:20 pm  #11

Awesome pic! (And lol, tonnaree!)

Did you guys read the interview with Moffat? Where he said S4 might be the last one?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 15, 2016 5:22 pm  #12

We're all talking about it on the speculation thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2016 5:34 pm  #13

This is now my new background on my phone <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 15, 2016 10:01 pm  #14

I'm sure I have read somewhere that the BBC have confirmed a fifth season, and even Benedict has been quoted saying he has agreed to a 5th one?

Edit: I just found this
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sherlock-fans-rejoice-benedict-cumberbatch-signs-two-more-series-1431595

Last edited by ukaunz (July 15, 2016 10:04 pm)

July 15, 2016 10:04 pm  #15

Good confirmation!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 15, 2016 10:07 pm  #16

And I found this at Den of Geek:

"We've already agreed to two more series". Those were the seven words Benedict Cumberbatch uttered today that set a sizeable section of the internet afire. Speaking at this afternoon's South Bank Show Awards, the Sherlock and Star Trek: Into Darkness actor revealed, "All I know at the moment is that I'm doing these three and another three".

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/24791/benedict-cumberbatch-confirms-sherlock-series-4

Last edited by ukaunz (July 15, 2016 10:32 pm)

July 15, 2016 10:09 pm  #17

That's music to my ears

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 16, 2016 9:46 am  #18

Oh, what a relief! 

However, why would Moffat say such a thing,then? If Ben and Martin have already signed on for S5 as well?

Edit: Only thing I can think of is that as I understand it, an actor can get out of such a contract if they really, really want to. I read an interview with Martin concerning how he had to turn down the Hobbit because of Sherlock S3. He was then asked by the interviewer if he could have gotten out of the contract with Sherlock to do the Hobbit, and he said that it would be a lot of hassle, but, yes, he could. But he didn't do it because he wanted to do Sherlock.

So as I see it, what could happen is that somewhere down the line when they start talking about dates for shooting S5, Ben or Martin might have some other project they would prefer to do instead and would start the process of getting out the contract.

Last edited by Vhanja (July 16, 2016 9:48 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 16, 2016 9:48 am  #19

He just says things and you have to think about how they are badgered by journalists.
But it will end one day...tho it will be Benedict's/Martin's decision.

July 16, 2016 9:57 am  #20

I just hope that when it ends, it ends properly. I actually wish that Ben and Martin will go to Mofftiss and say "Ok, we will do S5, but that will be the last one" - in advance. So that they can sit down and writer a proper end to the series, and we have a complete series. 

Team Hudders!

Board footera