BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2012 5:55 am  #1

Code...

I'm a bit hopeless with technical language but I think this is a thread...
Anyway, I was told to post my code here!

8 11 26 12 16 3 4 19 9 22 18 3 13

Good Luck! 

Last edited by Molly Hooper (May 16, 2012 6:15 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 16, 2012 7:46 am  #2

Re: Code...

Thanks Molly! I'm sure we'll all have fun trying to work it out...love these kind of things....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 16, 2012 3:48 pm  #3

I'm not sure if I've just had lots of fun or if I've made sense out of chaos.

I'll wait and see
To know the King of peace
-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 16, 2012 3:51 pm  #4

What m0r? do you think you know the answer?

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 16, 2012 3:55 pm  #5

Not sure if I know the answer or not but I've racked my brains in the style they appreciate.

I'll post my workings (Whether correct or not) once others have had a stab at it.

I'm sure it's much simpler than I turned it into (And relevant to Sherlock Holmes).

-m0r

May 16, 2012 3:56 pm  #6

Ah, yes...
It was relevant!

May 16, 2012 4:12 pm  #7

Then I must be off by a thousand miles (Unless you relate Sherlock to Jesus or Solomon?)

-m0r

May 16, 2012 4:14 pm  #8

JESUS?!
SOLOMON!?
Yeah, I think you're a tiny bit off...

May 16, 2012 6:37 pm  #9

Since no-one's guessed I'll post a really big clue:
QWERTY

May 16, 2012 6:44 pm  #10

Got it! Aren't we all? Am I allowed to post or do you want others to have a go first?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 6:48 pm  #11

Please Davina, post away!

-m0r

May 16, 2012 6:55 pm  #12

I AM SHERLOCKED

But I am really intrigued on what answer you got m0r.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 6:57 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

But I am really intrigued on what answer you got m0r.

8 11 26 12 16 3 4 19 9 22 18 3 13 (Added = 164)

s p a o k x w h r e i x n - reverse alphabet (Most likely)

h k z l p c d s i v r c m - standard alphabet

s k a l k c w s r v i c n - alternating alphabet 1

h p z o p x d h i e r x m - alternating alphabet 2

Repetitions: XX + CC (20 + 200? - CCXXi = 221?), K (Spanish for what?), S (Romantic for is?), I (Eye?), P (:D), h(?)

Caesar cipher:

Sher ok Xian pwax, Sher pink oaXwax ,shaken wax or pix , hoaxers pink wax, a Xerox wash pink, kin ox phrase wax, apex shark win ox, seraph ax know xi

Best anagram from most likely alphabet: pawn sher xxi OK.

Best match for other language anagram: pax rex his know (Latin for 'To know the King of Peace')
-----------------------------------------------------

From 'Clue'

Vigenere Cipher output using 'qwerty':

rovuwenweeyew - standard alphabet

ctwxrzglnnpzx - reverse alphabet

Corresponding symbols:

* !! @^ !@ !^ # $ !( ( @@ !* # !#

Numberic keypad:

T (symbol) am a mdg xbd d

Official Estonian Alphabet:

ILÖMRDEZJUŠDN

Forgeign Estonian Alphabet:

HKWLPCDSITSCL

^That's what I got.

-m0r

May 16, 2012 7:16 pm  #14

wow

May 16, 2012 7:17 pm  #15

I'm sorry to have wasted so much of you life!!

Why don't you do one, not to hard I'm only young!

May 16, 2012 7:23 pm  #16

I can't do one,I don't even know how Davina worked out this one!

It was fun though 

-m0r

May 16, 2012 9:14 pm  #17

I love the hoaxers pink wax and a Xerox wash pink. Is that a study in pink m0r? The bit I can't get is the CCXXi=221. I can see where you get the repetitions of CC and XX which are in the last column but does the i come from the fact that it is repeated in each line? Strange how 'Sher' actually appeared in the Caesar cipher. I wouldn't have got it, in truth, had Molly not given the querty clue.

May 16, 2012 9:17 pm  #18

Oh! I just saw your post. You count along the qwerty keyboard from top row across and then second row. So 12 corresponds with S on the keyboard, 16 with H and so on. Only the letter keys though not any other symbols or punctuation keys.

May 16, 2012 9:48 pm  #19

Yes, the QWERTY thing was a BIG clue!

Earlier I'd tried the alphabet backwards and forwards A=1, B=2 etc then A=26, B=25, and then I'd tried alternating so A=1, B=26, C=2, D=25 and loads of different combinations like that...Was very fun though!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 16, 2012 9:52 pm  #20

Now I see it - very crafty!!

It was tons of fun being wrong though :D

-m0r

Board footera