BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2016 7:12 am  #1

Saving episodes

Hey guys,
I watch Sherlock on Amazon Prime currently And I just simply love it!
But I´m gonna be traveling in 2 weeks and I want to continue watching since I will be gone for quite some time... (I only watch one episode per week to have of the series).

So what I basically want to know is whether anyone of you knows a software or something like that that allows me to record the episodes and safe them  from my computer without any internet required.

I appreciate your help
MaryJane

May 6, 2016 7:19 am  #2

Re: Saving episodes

Get a DVD?
Things like this should be discussed here:
Suggestions, Questions & Technical Help
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=8

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 6, 2016 7:59 pm  #3

Harriet wrote:

Get a DVD?

Even if you have to be careful with money, the show is so popular in areas, would be surprised if your library didn't have a copy to borrow for the meantime!   (but no, sorry, no ideas except what Harriet said)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 6, 2016 10:21 pm  #4

I'm not sure.  I watched the episodes on Netflix....I'm assuming you won't have Internet where you're going, because otherwise you shouldn't have to worry about not watching them when you are travelling.  You could always use some sort of download extension for your browser and download them from some illegal streaming site...it's better to watch them legally, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, but if you are going to buy them or pay to watch them or watch them legally anyway, then I suppose it's not the worst thing you could do.  I did that just so I could have a copy of the episodes to edit videos with (I have yet to finish the video).

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2016 6:21 am  #5

Well there is a possibility I have been using myself - it´s called Audials Moviebox. That´s a software that records from your screen. This is -unlike the common opinion - NOT illegal as long as your source is legal. So Netflix and Amazon Prime are absolutely suitable. It´s super easy and since Netflix and Amazon have the Autoplay function you can record them overnight and them safe it on any device you want, so you can watch it during your travels.
I´ll leave you a link to their website so you can find out more
http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_stream_capture_music_videos_movies_from/index.html
oooh and you shouldn´t give the recordings to anyone else or sell them. It´s for private use only ;)

Board footera