BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2015 10:26 am  #1

Les Revenants- The Returned

Is anyone else watching this? I watched season 1 on Netflix and now Season 2 is on More4 here in the UK. It is French, different and I really like it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 24, 2015 1:48 pm  #2

Re: Les Revenants- The Returned

I loved the first series, but am struggling a litle bit with the second. The big gap between seasons didn't help and I had to go and read a summary of all of S1's episodes to remind myself what had happened.  I still have moments when I squint at the screen and ask, "Who's that?!" because I know the face but can't remember who they are or what they've done or who they're involved with!  Either that or I'm wondering, "Is this one dead or not?"!  But it's still keeping my attention and I find that if I can't remember who someone is, I try not to fret about it.

I hope they don't drag the series out too long.  I suspect that, like previous similar series, we'll never find out exactly what happened or the reasons for all the returns, but it would be nice if the series is allowed to end before we all get bored with waiting.  Right now it's still gripping and I look forward to each episode.

January 19, 2016 9:40 am  #3

Re: Les Revenants- The Returned

I loved this series. It touches on so many difficult subjects but I thought it was intelligently done. The gap between series was less of a problem for me as I watched season 1 on Netflix not long before season 2 started. I thought the little boy was amazing in this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera