BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 7, 2015 1:33 am  #1

Your Most Watched Episode

Does anyone have a single "Sherlock" episode they've watched substantially more than the rest?

I do. Mine is "A Study In Pink".

This stems from the days when I was still a casual viewer. I wouldn't watch the show regularly, but when the mood struck on occasion, I grabbed S1 disc 1 and put on that first episode.

I don't know why. Perhaps because it's an interesting "beginning" to the story. Maybe because I'm a creature of habit, and as both a cause and effect, it became very familiar. Possibly because I laugh every time I hear Hope say, "Did I just give you the good bo'le, or the bad bo'le?".

Does anyone else have an unbalanced "Sherlock" viewing history? And if so, is there any discernible reason?

November 7, 2015 10:43 am  #2

Re: Your Most Watched Episode

I don't have one particular episode that stands out, but I have several. I believe I've watched ASiP, ASiB, HoB and TEH more than any of the others, because those are my all-time favorite episodes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 7, 2015 11:01 am  #3

I'd say it comes down to two episodes for me, TGG and TRF. TGG has the perfect cliffhanger and TRF just hurts so good.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 7, 2015 12:58 pm  #4

The Reichenbach Fall (for obvious reasons)

And His Last Vow because there are such brilliant and strong scenes acting-wise. Alone that scene in Baker Street when Sherlock,John and Mary return from Leinster Gardens is so brilliantly played it deserves all awards in the world.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 19, 2015 6:29 am  #5

And the relevance of the last post to ths thread is...?

November 19, 2015 6:55 am  #6

Series One: I watched an episode a night.
Series Two: I watched one every day off( I work in school, get lots of hols) and if hubby was away.
Series Three: I watch an episode every day hubby is away with work. But I always end with His Last Vow. So if he's only away one night, that's the episode I watch. Up to date, the most recent episode has always been my fave. But even it wasn't, it would still be the most relevant.
I've only watched the Pilot twice, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 19, 2015 10:29 am  #7

SolarSystem wrote:

I'd say it comes down to two episodes for me, TGG and TRF. TGG has the perfect cliffhanger and TRF just hurts so good.

Yes, that's what I would say as well.
Followed by ASiP, because I love the very beginning, and HLV because it also hurts so good and I find that twist really amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 19, 2015 5:27 pm  #8

Yes I think HLV has the best cliffhanger...can't wait to see how it pans out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2015 11:39 am  #9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 28, 2015 12:35 pm  #10

I am so regimented in my routine...the decision is made for me!

November 28, 2015 2:33 pm  #11

ukaunz wrote:

http://thegingerbatch.tumblr.com/post/134105145143/hubblegleeflower-me-trying-to-decide-which
I loved this, it made me laugh because I feel the same way

LOL, very good summaries! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 28, 2015 3:39 pm  #12

Haha, great summaries.. I´m the same, only without the Johnlock-y background.

The only episodes I watched more than two times are the relatively painless - ASiP, SiB and HoB.  (TBB wasn´t especially painful either, but also not overly interesting..) Those three I watched maybe around.. four?.. times. I´m not someone who can see the same movie or read the same book over and over again.. (and also I have an excellent memory. )

November 28, 2015 4:15 pm  #13

See my memory's not so good, maybe that helps.
I don't normally read/watch things repeatedly, Sherlock is the one I make the exception for.
I think the number of my viewings reflects my obsession!
In my defence, it's the best TV ever.

November 29, 2015 11:31 pm  #14

When I was watching episodes every day, I started ticking sheets.
I've watched them all more than a hundred times. Isn't that scary.
The one I have chosen most is TRF. Maybe I just like suffering.

"It is what it is."

November 30, 2015 8:24 am  #15

I never kept count...dunno if I'm glad about that or not!
So the only record I have is with S1.
Where bar times I couldn't, I literally watched an episode every day...until S2.
So that was for almost 18 months...so is that nearly 500 for each of those episodes?!
Sorry it's early and my maths is rubbish...that's around 500 between them.

Last edited by besleybean (November 30, 2015 8:25 am)

November 30, 2015 1:43 pm  #16

Study in Pink has been the most watched - it's my other half's favourite episode and we watch all Sherlock Holmes eps and films together unless I'm taking "Sherlock"  screencaps for some reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera