BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2015 2:11 am  #1

Which Sherlock Holmes are you?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 17, 2015 6:43 am  #2

Re: Which Sherlock Holmes are you?

I got Ian McKellen, which I suppose isn't all bad!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 17, 2015 10:42 am  #3

I resisted the temption to answer in a way that would lead up to Ben, so I got Basil Rathbone.

Edit: I re-did the test, trying to answer in a way that would get me Ben. Still got Basil Rathbone. 

And the coffee question is off. There is no alternative for BBC Sherlock ("Black, two sugars, please").

Last edited by Vhanja (October 17, 2015 11:00 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 17, 2015 11:14 am  #4

Yes, I agree about the coffee question! I can't remember if I chose a flat white or a black unsweetened coffee, I don't drink the stuff myself so my answer was pretty random.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 17, 2015 12:03 pm  #5

I chose flat white, but in reality I only drink decaffeinated!
Also on the communication one, I eventually ticked 'letter', but I would have preferred an 'email' option!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 17, 2015 12:08 pm  #6

I got Jeremy Brett.  I really wanted Basil Rathbone, so might redo some of the answers I wasn't sure about! 

October 17, 2015 12:10 pm  #7

Ah you got the master, though!

October 17, 2015 4:02 pm  #8

Hmmm.  I got Robert Downey Jr.   Must be all that iced coffee. 

October 17, 2015 4:06 pm  #9

I have STILL never seen the films...got the dvds sitting on my shelf!

October 17, 2015 6:21 pm  #10

Well first off, most of the smell options were gross smells, what the hell?! And also the first thing I look at is face and hair but not for the reasons the answers give. Clothes were the closest option I could pick.
Also, it mentions Reverend Green as a clue character.  In my game, it's just "Mr. Green." It was hard picking between "letter" and "text message" even if you substitute letter for email, it still depends on the thing, they're pretty equal in my mind. Also, I don't drink coffee but there's no option for that.

Anyway, I got Basil Rathbone. Although when I changed the communication question answer to text and left the rest of the answers the same I got Jonny Lee Miller, whose description at the end I felt fit me less than Rathbone.  Miller's description doesn't fit me at all.

(Sidenote: I saw on the side of the page the British celebrity husband quiz and apparently I was feeling especially superficial today and decided to do it.  I got Colin Firth and the description that went along with it is not bad at all...there were some answers I was giggling at and yet at the end it didn't describe things half bad)

Clueing for looks.

October 17, 2015 6:27 pm  #11

I tried to do that last quiz, but the page kept freezing, so I gave up!
In the UK the game is 'Cluedo'...but hey, I LOVE the secularisation to ' Mr Geen'!

But I only have Sherlock Cluedo, anyway!

October 18, 2015 7:43 am  #12

Vhanja wrote:

I resisted the temption to answer in a way that would lead up to Ben, so I got Basil Rathbone.

Me too.

And who would you be if you liked peppermint latte?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 18, 2015 7:49 am  #13

Who the heck drinks peppermint latte?!
I drink herbal teas, though peppermint isn't my fave , but I wouldn't dream of putting milk in them.

October 18, 2015 3:05 pm  #14

lol I have to admit that that was the answer I picked for the coffee question.  It was the closest thing to hot chocolate since I drink that more than I drink tea and I don't ever drink coffee.

Clueing for looks.

October 18, 2015 3:09 pm  #15

Now hot choc would have been a 'Yes'.

October 18, 2015 6:49 pm  #16

LOL, I got Benedict and I wasn't even trying. 

October 18, 2015 6:51 pm  #17

Lucky you!

October 18, 2015 7:15 pm  #18

Finally someone got Ben!

Clueing for looks.

October 18, 2015 7:16 pm  #19

Yep, silverblaze wins the prize!

October 19, 2015 11:37 am  #20

You are Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock from the 'Sherlock Holmes' movies.

Your mind is a wonderful thing, but it's only one of the many muscles you use in order to get stuff done. You're a constant ball of energy, making quick deductions and then acting on them at a speed that leaves your friends and associates panting for breath in your wake.
This can make you difficult company, just because you appear to be an inspiring combination of physique and intellect, but thankfully you have a huge dose of arrogance and ego to puncture the balloon of perfection and allow more modest personalities to live with themselves. Not that you care, you're too busy swinging from the rafters and punching adversaries to notice.
But if you do find yourself feeling a little lonely from time to time, just tone down the brashness of your personality, and you'll be just fine.

I go and cry in a corner now (and never again choose Cappucino... it's just that I hate coffee)

Why is Cluedo called Clue in the test?

For favourite smell I ticked "smog", and for the bag I said "go and check what's inside"... If I think about it, maybe I like unhealthy, risky life

...second try tells me that if I choose a flat white, I'm Ian McKellen

Last edited by Whisky (October 19, 2015 11:44 am)

"It is what it is."

Board footera