BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2015 7:11 pm  #1

Mark Gatiss with Andrew Marr

Initially a couple of apologies: if there is already a thread for this and if not, if I have put this in the wrong place.
I made a cursory glance of the index and could not immediately see a home for this, but will trust the staff to use their judgement.
I have just got in form the event and am so excited, I want to post about it straight away!
I feel privileged to have attended this.
The theatre was half empty, which was such a shame and people missed a treat.
The event took place at the front of Mark's set, which he will now be playing on...and I will see him in his play, tomorrow night.
Anyhow, back to tonight: Mark joined Andrew Marr and Fenella Woolgar, delivering a history of Britain through poetry.
Some of you, like me, may have enjoyed the official Radio 4 version of this yesterday.
Tonight's offerings were the less famous, the overlooked and the ones radio 4 wouldn't allow Andrew to include!
They were a mixture of: bawdy, funny, political and some deeply moving, sad and just plain lovely.
The readers were excellent.
It was a just a joy to hear and so inspiring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2015 7:33 pm  #2

Re: Mark Gatiss with Andrew Marr

Sounds like a wonderful experience!  I missed the Radio 4 programme - must catch up. 

October 9, 2015 7:40 pm  #3

Re: Mark Gatiss with Andrew Marr

It was a good show.
But the only thing missing on the radio was Mark! 
That's why it was so good to hear him tonight.
As the woman in the seat next to me said(after I'd fan girled about Mark): oh he's fantastic. Could read the phone book and make it sound wonderful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera