BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2015 9:15 pm  #1

Martin's Appeal to David Cameron

Martin wrote a letter to PM David Cameron asking to end the use of wild animals in circus acts. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/martin-freeman-appeals-david-cameron-6523140

I for one think this is magnificent, and am super proud of Martin Freeman for bringing attention to something that is often overlooked and ignored. We don't see a lot about what goes on behind the scenes at a circus, but many of the practices used are clearly cruel and inhumane. 

Animals may not be as advanced as the human species, but they stilll have feelings and can't endure pain, loneliness or neglect, just like us. 

Kudos to you Mr. Freeman for once again involving yourself in a just cause! 

September 28, 2015 8:30 am  #2

Re: Martin's Appeal to David Cameron

Oh, wow, my admiration for Martin just doubled. How awesome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 28, 2015 8:58 am  #3

I absolutely adore that he loves animals so much and wants to do everything he can to make the situation better.

September 28, 2015 9:28 am  #4

This is amazing! It really warms my heart when people speak up for those who really don't have a voice 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2015 10:24 am  #5

An excellent cause indeed. I am strictly against circus acts with animals because I cannot imagine how to keep animals in a species-appropriate way. And, moreover, how do people think they have the right to train and exhibit other living beings? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 28, 2015 12:10 pm  #6

It's a shame David Cameron will probably not give a damn hoot.

September 28, 2015 8:25 pm  #7

@ Dorothy83

You're absolutely right. 

October 14, 2015 10:15 am  #8

Yes I'm not positive of Cameron's personal viws on(for instance) hunting...but his ilk don't seem to care much for animal welfare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera