BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2015 11:05 pm  #1

BBC Show Reel

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-09-23/benedict-cumberbatch-tom-hiddleston-and-idris-elba-all-star-in-this-trailer-for-new-bbc-drama

While the Sherlockian in me cried out for the lack of  the Christmas Special clips, I have to say I am super excited for Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston's The Night Manager. 
And Amanda Abbington's new role in Cuffs is also something to look forward too. 

Who else is ready for new drama series that will use up most of their fee time and inevitably keep them glued to their laptops for the majority of the day??? 

September 25, 2015 8:26 am  #2

Re: BBC Show Reel

I really want to watch Cuffs. The clip made me very curious for that show. And Hugh Laurie+Tom Hiddleston is a must.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 25, 2015 8:39 am  #3

I almost hyperventilated when I read months ago that Hugh and Tom will be in a film (or miniseries) together and that it'll be based on a John le Carré novel.

By the way, Hiddles will be on Graham Norton next Friday for the first time (Sir Kenneth will be there, too. I've been waiting for this for years!)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 25, 2015 8:43 am  #4

Ivy wrote:

By the way, Hiddles will be on Graham Norton next Friday for the first time (Sir Kenneth will be there, too. I've been waiting for this for years!)

That´s great!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 25, 2015 9:37 am  #5

There's a great (but short) new clip from the special, though! Very first second. :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 25, 2015 9:48 am  #6

Linklinklink?
*drool*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 25, 2015 9:51 am  #7

mrshouse wrote:

Linklinklink?
*drool*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQuO0r5kfTM

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

September 25, 2015 9:56 am  #8

We cannot watch it here in Germany because of unclear rights concerning the music used in the background.... 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 25, 2015 10:02 am  #9

Ouch, that's no fun. Perhaps you could use a proxy server? I can watch it fine in Norway.

Team Hudders!

September 25, 2015 10:08 am  #10

No idea, how to do that. Too smart a task for me... 

September 25, 2015 10:11 am  #11

I used https://m.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php. You just paste the YouTube URL in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2015 3:15 pm  #12

Ivy wrote:

I almost hyperventilated when I read months ago that Hugh and Tom will be in a film (or miniseries) together and that it'll be based on a John le Carré novel.

Yes so excited for Tom on GN!

September 25, 2015 5:03 pm  #13

ukaunz wrote:

I used https://m.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php. You just paste the YouTube URL in.

Thank you, ukaunz, I'm going to try that one.

September 25, 2015 6:15 pm  #14

EDIT because oops wrong thread

Last edited by Ivy (September 25, 2015 7:14 pm)

----------

September 25, 2015 7:13 pm  #15

tea&ash wrote:

How cute! And Martin dressed like a smooth gentleman, as per usual. 

yes unfortunately I posted the Martin pic in the wrong thread. I just edited it. I need sleep!

Last edited by Ivy (September 25, 2015 7:15 pm)

----------

September 25, 2015 7:21 pm  #16

I can't believe how excited I get just watching Sherlock light a match.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 25, 2015 7:29 pm  #17

me, too tonnaree.  It's very sexy!

----------

Board footera