BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2015 7:52 am  #1

Black Sails

Anyone else watching? I am really enjoying this...Toby Stephens...just say in'. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 19, 2016 9:38 am  #2

Re: Black Sails

Anyone? Really...no one? Second season now watched and my goodness this is good! We bought our yard manager this for her birthday (on my recommendation...eek...no pressure) and she also absolutely loves it. The second season moves fast rate than the first but it is is really well written, lots of well-drawn characters, well-acted, amazing battles at sea and hand-to-hand fight choreography. What I have particularly enjoyed is the reveal of Captain Flint's past, the motivations for what he does and his secrets.

As a prequel to the much loved Treasure Island I can thoroughly recommend this. If you ever wanted to know why Long John Silver lost his leg and the origins of Captain Flint's treasure then you will love this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera