BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2015 7:43 pm  #1

Hi fellow Sherlockians *waves*

I only found out about this forum pretty recently and then holidays and RL and lots of other things happened. I am seriously Sherlocked since the summer of 2011 when I accidentally hit upon a rerun of S1 on Dutch TV.
So yes, that's where I live, but thank god if the Sherlock goodies you order from Amazon UK are pricey enough you get free shipping. Anyway, though I am in general considered to be a very sensible and responsible grown-up  at heart I'm still a fangirl and Sherlock is one of the most exciting things that has been happening on television since, well Brideshead Revisited. Yes, I'm that old. And I have a Sherlock calendar in my office. And though I don't own a mobile I'm actually considering getting one so I can buy me the I AM SHER LOCKED phone cover.

I haven't got the hang of this place yet. How about all those interesting Titles for instance. Are those awards or what?

Anyway, Sherlock basically had a huge impact on my life. I've nearly 800K of fanfic over at AO3 and LJ to prove that and I'm addicted to the fanfic almost as much as I am to the series. There are so many fantastic writers in the fandom. 

I do look forward to participating in any fic challenges. And if anyone is looking for a beta, I love few things better than discussing fic so I'll be most happy to oblige.

August 27, 2015 8:31 pm  #2

Re: Hi fellow Sherlockians *waves*

Welcome here! Very nice to meet you 

The "titles" are given automatically according to the number of your posts. After a few more, you won't be Wrong! anymore   

Would you like to give us your AO3 link? We have also a thread for members' fanfiction.
I would love to know what you are writing about 

Here is a recent request: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6498

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 27, 2015 9:02 pm  #3

Thank you very much for the welcome. I should post the userlink in my profile I suppose. 

My major writing project, ongoing since 2012 is a kind of Sherlock autobiography. I just sent the last chapter of book IV off to my beta. Sherlock is seventeen years of age now so I still have a lots of years to cover yet. I love particiapating in contests and gift exchanges as well. Often quite a challenge for my OTP is Mycroft/Sherlock and that's not everyone's cup of tea, to put it mildly. I love casefic and CP-crossovers as well. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll go have a look.

August 27, 2015 9:18 pm  #4

Welcome, thank you for the nice and informative introduction. Hope you will have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2015 9:25 pm  #5

Why not post the link here and/or in the Fanfic-Authors' list? 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2672

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 28, 2015 4:18 am  #6

Oh, another writer. Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 28, 2015 7:23 am  #7

Hello there. Welcome to the forum, you will have fun here from the spirit I feel.
Last year and the year before that we had a Secret Santa fic exchange and it was very good fun, for the unexperienced like me also.
Although I cling a bit to summer and don't want to think about winter just yet... But that should be your cup of tea amongst other things.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 29, 2015 9:59 am  #8

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. I do look forward to any and all fic exchanges and to participating in the discussions.

August 29, 2015 11:49 am  #9

mrshouse wrote:

Hello there. Welcome to the forum, you will have fun here from the spirit I feel.
Last year and the year before that we had a Secret Santa fic exchange and it was very good fun, for the unexperienced like me also.
Although I cling a bit to summer and don't want to think about winter just yet... But that should be your cup of tea amongst other things.

Thank you. I do hope to participate in all fic exchanges.

August 30, 2015 7:41 am  #10

Hello, hi, and welcome to the forum! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 30, 2015 10:31 am  #11

A warm welcome from me, too! I hope you'll enjoy this forum and chatting with other Sherlock Fans! Have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 30, 2015 3:08 pm  #12

@kornmuhme and @Davina

Thank you very much for the warm welcome as well.

Board footera