BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2015 8:34 pm  #1

Seeking a new beta-reader: can you assist?

Hi all,

All in the title, really. 

Four years ago, I began a genderswap/Unilock fanfic and I had a beta-reader with whom I discussed most of the story and helped me further. However, due to a variety of RL issues, the story has not yet been finished and my beta-reader and I have lost touch. 

Has anyone on here had any beta-experience and be willing to help me beta and get this story to the finish-line, or be willing to point me in the direction of somewhere I can get it? I'm very fond of this universe and it seems a shame not to finish when I'm so near the end, even if it's the only piece of work I do. Also, due to a complete lack of confidence, I don't at present feel as comfortable without a beta-reader.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thankyou.

C x

August 22, 2015 7:00 pm  #2

Re: Seeking a new beta-reader: can you assist?

Keep asking, C, don't loose patience. I hope you will find someone, I like some genderswap from time to time, too.

(And even the most confident writers know that a beta reader is important for a really good work. Good luck!)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 22, 2015 8:40 pm  #3

Thankyou, Harriet. I don't know exactly where to find them on LJ and A03; I don't know where to look. Any ideas?

August 22, 2015 8:44 pm  #4

Here on this board are some experienced beta readers who might be a bit too busy at the moment.
But who knows, I would keep asking here from time to time.

How long do you think will your story be?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 22, 2015 9:04 pm  #5

Well, there's about two chapters to go and Chapter 5 is mostly written. It's been getting tinkered with for four years.

August 22, 2015 9:11 pm  #6

Sounds like a worthy task then 
So perhaps 10.000 words altogether? Or rather 20.000?

August 27, 2015 8:32 pm  #7

BUMP

September 1, 2015 8:29 pm  #8

Sorry guys, got caught up with work! Will get back to you on this, asap - thanks for the help!

Board footera