BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



September 4, 2015 12:29 pm  #41


Re: Called it!

Dorothy83 wrote:

Also, another prediction I want to make: Mycroft will kill Mary himself (or have her killed).

Weird, I had the very same thought yesterday.

Still, nowadays I predict:

John´s daughter will be born all right, but Mary will be arrested immediatelly after, because she didn´t gave up her old job and bumped off some politicians right under John´s nose.

John would of course blame Sherlock for all this and would try to hit him. Sherlock would catch his hand, force it behind John´s back and then he would bitterly say to John that he lied about "surgery", because he wanted to give John a chance to leave Mary from his own will, not being influenced by Sherlock´s injury, only influenced by her awful job and her horrid past.... but John chose to stay with Mary, ignoring all that. John would be ashamed, having nothing to say in his defence.

Shortly after that Sherlock gets into danger, being seized by Moriarty´s organisation again and John would desperately try to save him, but he would be injured which would lead into a nice "Three Garridebs" moment.

Through all this, Harry, John´s sister, would care for John´s child.
 


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

September 4, 2015 12:51 pm  #42


Re: Called it!

Nice plot points Nakahara. I want to say - after series 3 I could never see Sherlock using any kind of strenght or 'violence' against John. Weirdly enough, because he did punch him in Asib. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/devious.png

 

September 4, 2015 7:14 pm  #43


Re: Called it!

Dorothy83 wrote:

Nice plot points Nakahara. I want to say - after series 3 I could never see Sherlock using any kind of strenght or 'violence' against John. Weirdly enough, because he did punch him in Asib. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/devious.png

Maybe he felt guilty because of the Fall? And so he decided to take it all from John without ever paying him back?
 


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

September 7, 2015 12:01 pm  #44


Re: Called it!

Oh yeah for sure. But I don't know, I just get the feeling now, with all that 'pressure point' business, that Sherlock would never ever harm John, even playfighting

 

September 7, 2015 12:51 pm  #45


Re: Called it!

Oh, I apologise - I thought this was the "post your theories for Season 4" page, rather than the "have your theories for Season 4 disdainfully sneered at" page.

Really, since I joined this forum, and apart from the initial warm welcome, I seem to have been slapped down on the few pages I've posted on.  I don't know if this is a standard thing for all new members or whether people think for some reason that I in particular deserve slapping down, but I don't think I'll be posting here again.

 

September 7, 2015 1:00 pm  #46


Re: Called it!

Ariane DeVere wrote:

Oh, I apologise - I thought this was the "post your theories for Season 4" page, rather than the "have your theories for Season 4 disdainfully sneered at" page.

Really, since I joined this forum, and apart from the initial warm welcome, I seem to have been slapped down on the few pages I've posted on.  I don't know if this is a standard thing for all new members or whether people think for some reason that I in particular deserve slapping down, but I don't think I'll be posting here again.

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png


I don´t know if you speak about some of my posts, but If I inadvertedly offended you, I apologise. I certainly didn´t mean to.
 


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

September 7, 2015 1:38 pm  #47


Re: Called it!

Ariane DeVere wrote:

Oh, I apologise - I thought this was the "post your theories for Season 4" page, rather than the "have your theories for Season 4 disdainfully sneered at" page.

Really, since I joined this forum, and apart from the initial warm welcome, I seem to have been slapped down on the few pages I've posted on.  I don't know if this is a standard thing for all new members or whether people think for some reason that I in particular deserve slapping down, but I don't think I'll be posting here again.

?????????????

I replied to you so, are you talking about me? Because I absolutely wasn't sneering at you! Yes we're posting our predictions but we're also discussing them, it's a bit like collateral damage...nobody is sneering at anyone. But if you feel like I was sneering at you please do tell me and I'll try and clarify - I am extremely confused right now.
 

 

September 7, 2015 2:11 pm  #48


Re: Called it!

nakahara wrote:

Ariane DeVere wrote:

Oh, I apologise - I thought this was the "post your theories for Season 4" page, rather than the "have your theories for Season 4 disdainfully sneered at" page.

Really, since I joined this forum, and apart from the initial warm welcome, I seem to have been slapped down on the few pages I've posted on.  I don't know if this is a standard thing for all new members or whether people think for some reason that I in particular deserve slapping down, but I don't think I'll be posting here again.

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png


I don´t know if you speak about some of my posts, but If I inadvertedly offended you, I apologise. I certainly didn´t mean to.
 

Me too.. I totally meant everything I wrote in a light-hearted way.. like "wow, that´s cruel".. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

(Sorry if I didn´t make it clear, I wrote from my smartphone and just added ^^ instead of smileys..)

Please don´t stop posting!

Last edited by Zatoichi (September 7, 2015 2:14 pm)

 

September 7, 2015 2:37 pm  #49


Re: Called it!

Mod's note:
Ariane, I have checked the posts and I really do not think anyone wanted to sneer at your theories. We may not always share the same opinions, but we try to be fair and polite. Please go on posting and do not hesitate to speak up or contact one of the mods via PM.
And thanks to Zatoichi and nakahara for clearing this up. 
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 7, 2015 2:37 pm)


------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

http://up.picr.de/28609194so.png

 
 

September 8, 2015 8:31 am  #50


Re: Called it!

Thank you your responses.  It wasn't so much that I felt attacked, but the feeling I got from some of the responses to my theory smacked of, "Oh, you think that?  You're a bit of an idiot, aren't you?  And here are the reasons why you're wrong." 
 
On top of that, I'd wanted to join in with one of the games but had made a tentative enquiry as to whether I'd be considered a bit too 'expert' because of the transcripts (which actually isn't true - I'm as blank as anybody else just looking at them, but ran a few words through 'wordwaldo' to work out what they were) and I seemed to get the response "Oh for goodness’ sake, give the rest of us a chance" like I would just swan through each answer quicker than anybody else.
 
Maybe I'm over-sensitive.  I do realise that a newbie to a forum doesn't know the 'tone' of those who've been here for ages and who understand each other's styles.  Thank you for your reassurances. 
 
(Also, with regard to the ‘not many women die in childbirth these days’ response, let’s not forget that if Moffat writes that particular episode, he knows nothing about how women work!! ;) )
 

 

September 8, 2015 11:14 am  #51


Re: Called it!

Ariane I definitely think this feeling is more due to your thought process than to our actual intentions, and trust me I know I about this because I do that as well! But literally nobody was attacking you, this is a forum and we discuss things, if we never disagreed or challenged or asked questions it would be so boring!! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/blooper.png
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


And as for the childbirth comment, yes you are right, Moffat knows nothing about women and I'm sure if he wanted to go for that plot he wouldn't even bother to do his research . I don't mind you arguing my reply, it's actually what I want as it just creates more ideas!

 

 

September 8, 2015 1:40 pm  #52


Re: Called it!

Maybe in here we should stick to the original idea behind the thread - that it is a prediction game and nothing else. We can discuss these predictions in other S4 threads. I made the mistake of getting into a discussion myself. So let us get back on track and see who was right in the end. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png


 


------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

http://up.picr.de/28609194so.png

 
 

September 8, 2015 2:08 pm  #53


Re: Called it!

Gah, the temptation to dicuss possibilities is always too strong!! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
but true, we should just go back to predictions.

 

September 8, 2015 7:44 pm  #54


Re: Called it!

Okay, my try:

I think we will something very dark in connection with Mycroft:
- him trying to protect Sherlock and being killed, maybe by Mary
- Mycroft being compromised or in cahoots with Moriarty for some reason

He will be no outright villain but a victim of his own pressure point, i.e. Sherlock. 
 


------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

http://up.picr.de/28609194so.png

 
 

September 11, 2015 1:06 am  #55


Re: Called it!

I don't mean to derail the topic but I didn't think it was meant to be taken as a jab at Benedict.  I don't think they dislike each other.  The way I saw it, it seemed like Martin was tired of having Benedict brought up in relation to him, like they couldn't just talk about Martin's acting in someting.  I suppose I could be wrong, but that seemed to me like what was meant by that.


http://orig11.deviantart.net/078e/f/2015/207/f/e/consulting_detective_2_by_sakuranakamura-d92vt40.pnghttp://orig08.deviantart.net/8f4e/f/2015/198/4/2/blogger_by_sakuranakamura-d91o4zv.png
Clueing for looks.
 

September 11, 2015 1:10 am  #56


Re: Called it!

Okay-- here's my go: 
Mary will be killed somehow-- possibly "chickens coming home to roost", and the baby will either be killed as well, or adopted out. John will blame Sherlock, and s4 will end with even more distance between them, possibly a split.
Bonus: It's discovered that Mary is behind Mycroft's death. 

Ow. Yeah, yeah-- I know-- Dire. 

Last edited by RavenMorganLeigh (September 11, 2015 1:10 am)

 

September 11, 2015 1:17 am  #57


Re: Called it!

Yitzock wrote:

I don't mean to derail the topic but I didn't think it was meant to be taken as a jab at Benedict.  I don't think they dislike each other.  The way I saw it, it seemed like Martin was tired of having Benedict brought up in relation to him, like they couldn't just talk about Martin's acting in someting.  I suppose I could be wrong, but that seemed to me like what was meant by that.

Errr... wouldn't that be the definition of a "jab"? I mean, if he's upset at always having BC mentioned, why not go after the reporter? Why the (frankly ugly) T-shirt? 

 

September 11, 2015 9:06 am  #58


Re: Called it!

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

I don't mean to derail the topic but I didn't think it was meant to be taken as a jab at Benedict.  I don't think they dislike each other.  The way I saw it, it seemed like Martin was tired of having Benedict brought up in relation to him, like they couldn't just talk about Martin's acting in someting.  I suppose I could be wrong, but that seemed to me like what was meant by that.

Errr... wouldn't that be the definition of a "jab"? I mean, if he's upset at always having BC mentioned, why not go after the reporter? Why the (frankly ugly) T-shirt? 

lol

I don't know, to me that behaviour seems perfectly normal for two mates, and like I said makes me feel like they're comfortable enough with each other to know that the other won't be offended. Also that to me seems like typical Martin.
I really don't understand why that seems weird.
 

 

September 12, 2015 4:26 am  #59


Re: Called it!

Dorothy83 wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

I don't mean to derail the topic but I didn't think it was meant to be taken as a jab at Benedict.  I don't think they dislike each other.  The way I saw it, it seemed like Martin was tired of having Benedict brought up in relation to him, like they couldn't just talk about Martin's acting in someting.  I suppose I could be wrong, but that seemed to me like what was meant by that.

Errr... wouldn't that be the definition of a "jab"? I mean, if he's upset at always having BC mentioned, why not go after the reporter? Why the (frankly ugly) T-shirt? 

lol

I don't know, to me that behaviour seems perfectly normal for two mates, and like I said makes me feel like they're comfortable enough with each other to know that the other won't be offended. Also that to me seems like typical Martin.
I really don't understand why that seems weird.
 

It's *not* normal behavior for people in show business, though. Bad publicity-- and Martin's already got a rep for being moody and angry.... 

I don't know. I'm a professional performer-- and usually, professional behavior means that you don't slag off the people you work with, because it makes you look bad-- and it's bad for your public image. I don't know-- maybe American reality tv behavior modes have infected Britain...sigh...

Last edited by RavenMorganLeigh (September 12, 2015 4:27 am)

 

September 12, 2015 2:21 pm  #60


Re: Called it!

Side note:  The T-shirt under discussion.  In the photo I saw I thought it was photoshopped. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German   http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/736x/aa/2b/35/aa2b352725f4c944599a3ea17cbfe44e.jpg    https://31.media.tumblr.com/bb0f8896a79d19602eeaea0254ff5ccd/tumblr_n5ztxjGDB61stgn3no1_500.jpg
 
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum