BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2015 4:24 pm  #1

Women's World Cup... anyone watching it?

Canada advanced yesterday against Switzerland in a rather exciting match.

Today England vs Norway and the USA vs Columbia.  Dan and I are going to try and watch both (rooting for England and Columbia to win!!! but I wouldn't be disappointed if Norway was to win either). 

We have seen all the Canadian women's teams games and have become fans of this type of "football". 

Way to go girls (and women)!  I know it isn't as popular as the men's game but I like it.  Both of us have really got interested in women's hockey as well.  I would rather watch that than the NHL to be honest.  Like the lower levels of men's hockey (in Canada it is classified as "Junior B" hockey), the varitables make for more excitment and yet the skills are high enough to admire the art of the plays. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

June 22, 2015 6:05 pm  #2

Re: Women's World Cup... anyone watching it?

Yes, I'm watching it, too. Looking forward to Germany vs. France on Friday. This is going to be tough for our girls!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera