BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2015 1:23 pm  #1

Mr Holmes Competition

The producers of Mr Holmes got in touch with me as apparently I am a "known Sherlockian", and they asked me to run a competition for them. Of course, I said yes.

So, the competition went live today on Twitter and will be running for the next two weeks. You can win a signed Mr Holmes poster (signed by Ian McKellen) and a DVD bundle of 5 movies.

View the details here:
https://twitter.com/believeinsh2012/status/610437241362583552

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 15, 2015 2:16 pm  #2

Re: Mr Holmes Competition

I'm deeply impressed, Boss A known Sherlockian! In the end, aren't we all around here?
I will participate!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 15, 2015 2:20 pm  #3

There are much worse things to be "known" as. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2015 2:29 pm  #4

Great, Boss, good to know they appreciate your experience as a Sherlockian. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2015 2:54 pm  #5

Go ahead, Boss! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 15, 2015 6:12 pm  #6

Cool!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 16, 2015 12:11 am  #7

Awesome

But maybe I'm a bit silly - I can't see how to enter this comp? Details in the pic on Twitter, but it's just a poster for Mr. Holmes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2015 2:43 am  #8

ukaunz wrote:

Awesome

But maybe I'm a bit silly - I can't see how to enter this comp? Details in the pic on Twitter, but it's just a poster for Mr. Holmes?

No… there's two smaller thumbnails for other pics next to it… just click the texty one!
(or, if you clicked the poster, or the poster is the one that pops up for you, just click it and it takes you to the next picture)  I honestly was surprised all you had to do was answer one trivia question, that I imagine most avid readers would know.  Ah, well… here's hoping to not having to be randomly picked out of thousands and thousands of entries!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 16, 2015 8:55 am  #9

Well, only two people have entered so far, so I'm not expecting thousands!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2015 10:09 am  #10

A 50% chance, then 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 16, 2015 12:11 pm  #11

Russell wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

Awesome

No… there's two smaller thumbnails for other pics next to it… just click the texty one!
(or, if you clicked the poster, or the poster is the one that pops up for you, just click it and it takes you to the next picture)  I honestly was surprised all you had to do was answer one trivia question, that I imagine most avid readers would know.  Ah, well… here's hoping to not having to be randomly picked out of thousands and thousands of entries!

I'm still not getting anywhere... Might have to try it on my laptop instead of my iPad 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2015 12:51 pm  #12

If I understand correctly, you just have to mail your answer to the address given in the pic. I gave it a try. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2015 1:54 pm  #13

June 16, 2015 5:37 pm  #14

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Well, only two people have entered so far, so I'm not expecting thousands!

Really?  Ha… so maybe I'm just competing against you guys, then!  ;D  (but there's time, and I figured they'd be promoting it broadly…)

June 17, 2015 1:04 am  #15

Thank you for posting the details boss! Saves me a bit of hassle at the moment

June 17, 2015 1:07 pm  #16

I entered too. :-)
But good luck to everyone else who entered from here.

June 20, 2015 6:59 pm  #17

Thanks for sharing this! An interesting contest, to be sure, although only one part of the prize is related to the film itself.  Still good,though.  I hope this film is good, it intrigued me since I saw the trailer a few months ago.

Clueing for looks.

July 4, 2015 4:22 am  #18

So I had partly forgotten about this what with two weeks of bouncing around between other things, but happened to check my email earlier and was -quite- surprised to see a note about it?  Surely I never ever get picked for these random things, but… oh my Holmes, I won!!!!        *dances*

So cool they did a little giveaway and that one of our own got to run it, or would have never heard of…  thanks Boss!!!   Just wanted to put a little update in here, in case anyone was wondering.  Were there many entries?  Would share some of the dvds with you guys if could (or if anyone really wanted one of the strange mix of titles!) !   Can't wait to see it!

Board footera