BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2015 5:20 am  #1

Did anyone notice this? (TEH)

Was I the only person who noticed that when Sherlock opened the door to the unused Tube stop, he used a hive tool? (For working in and lifting hive frames in  beekeeping) I had a grandmother who  kept bees, and I thought it looked like one- I rechecked what they look like, and it is defintiely a hive tool. Just wondering.
~Joan

May 30, 2015 6:23 am  #2

Re: Did anyone notice this? (TEH)

Hi Joan That would have been really cool if it were so, but I think it was just a small crowbar. Have a look at these screen captures

It has the notch at the end like a crowbar, and looks to be quite a sturdy tool whereas from what I've seen when I googled hive tools, they don't look so solid or strong. But I may be mistaken, perhaps you can link to an image that you have found?

Last edited by ukaunz (May 30, 2015 6:29 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 30, 2015 10:49 am  #3

Hello,
 Now that I see yoru close-up, I have to agree that it is not a hive tool- pity, I was hoping for some sign of Sherlock's bees! I guess it was just that I didn't see it as clearly. Thanks for pointing it out- and have a happy weekend!
~Joan

May 30, 2015 11:38 am  #4

Would have been so lovely, though, I can see why this was exciting   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 3, 2015 2:01 pm  #5

Well, "Sherlock's bees" are still with Janine (or at least at her cottage) for the moment ;)

Board footera