BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2015 10:29 pm  #1

Fortitude

Anybody been watching this?

I wasn't so sure about the first couple of episodes but then I really got into it and boy, was it gory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 19, 2015 10:41 am  #2

Re: Fortitude

I am going to catch up on the whole lot in a binge watch. I guess red looks good against white? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2015 3:13 pm  #3

Hubby and I just finished the series.  It kinda blew my mind.  Fascinating though.

I hear there will be a second season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 1, 2015 11:36 am  #4

Finally getting around to watch it. First episode is go!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 3, 2015 4:54 pm  #5

Binge watched the whole season/series over two days. Love it! Love it! Love it! Acting, writing, character development, cinematography, music, just everything. The pace was slow at times, but I like this (typical of a Scandi, which it actually isn't), lots of foreshadowing, story lines and arcs &  surprises. Big themes of: actions and consequences, love, infatuation, obsession and betrayal, violence and its motives, greed. Thoroughly, unreservedly recommended.

I am now watching it again, to catch all the things I, inevitably, missed the first time. And yes, a second series has been commissioned! Yay! I get to find it what happens to Dan The Man! And the continuing danger of infection. 

June 20, 2015 8:46 pm  #6

I was a little over-excited to get a message from Nicholas Pinnock who plays Frank Sutter in this show on my Instagram account. I made a post about the show, how good it was and how much I enjoyed it. He wrote...Glad you enjoyed it Davina... I love getting responses to my posts like that. 

June 22, 2015 11:11 am  #7

Full box set is available on Sky now. 

February 16, 2016 11:23 pm  #8

Series 2 is being filmed at the moment in Iceland (the country, not the shop- a British joke). So excited waiting for the next series to air! 

Board footera