BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2015 10:35 pm  #1

Hi Sherlockians!

Ciao, salut, hello, hola, bog, ni hao!

Nice to meet you all! I'm 20 years old and i'm from Italy.
Well how did I end up here? Basically when I finished season 3 I desperatly tried to find a good forum in order to share my obsession for this amazing tv series with someone, but the italian ones were all closed or dead. So...here I am yay!

Anyway I can't wait for season 4 and the special release! (brace yourself, moustache are coming back) 
aaand what else? I already love this place, so many people from different countries!
Awww I feel like we're all part of a huge family :D

Ah yes, let me apologize in advance for my english (everybody knows italians can't speak english trallalalal) maybe I can improve a bit here (It took me 20 minutes to write this post lol).

See you

March 26, 2015 10:49 pm  #2

Re: Hi Sherlockians!

Hello Mela!
Benvenuto, welcome, willkommen, bienvenue on the forum
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time here.

-Lily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 26, 2015 11:07 pm  #3

Thank you Lily! :D

Ah I didn't specify it but I'm a girl anyway. I always use Mela as a nickname (which means "apple" in english) and it's a female word in italian so i took it for granted.

March 26, 2015 11:23 pm  #4

Ha! I've learnt a new Italian word, then! Thank you! That will add up to my collossal list of about 10 xD

By the way, love the icon. It is from Alice X Zhang, is it not?

-Lily

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 27, 2015 2:23 am  #5

Hello from Australia, Mela (oh okay, G'day )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2015 5:17 am  #6

Benvenuta! Di dove sei?

Oh I just realise how rusty my Italian has become. Well,welcome anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2015 3:12 pm  #7

Thank you guys!

Lilythiell wrote:

Ha! I've learnt a new Italian word, then! Thank you! That will add up to my collossal list of about 10 xD
By the way, love the icon. It is from Alice X Zhang, is it not?

Yes, it's her! I love her drawings
Anyway 10 is a good number xD I studied french during middle school but i don't remember anything D:

Schmiezi wrote:

Benvenuta! Di dove sei?
Oh I just realise how rusty my Italian has become. Well,welcome anyway.

Danke sehr!
Awww you speak some italian! :D My city is near the Adriatic sea, in the middle of Italy more or less

March 27, 2015 3:15 pm  #8

That sounds lovely. We always spend our holidays in Umbria. Well, whenever we make it to Italy, that is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2015 3:30 pm  #9

Welcome, Mela, have lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2015 3:56 pm  #10

Thanks Susi! Aww I see a little Alan in your signature

Schmiezi wrote:

That sounds lovely. We always spend our holidays in Umbria. Well, whenever we make it to Italy, that is.

Umbria is a beautiful place for holidays, full of green parks and historical cities. I live in Marche which borders with it

Last edited by Mela (March 27, 2015 3:58 pm)

March 27, 2015 4:04 pm  #11

Welcome, welcome!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 27, 2015 4:37 pm  #12

Ciao! Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2015 5:20 pm  #13

Hi Mela.  Piacere!  

You're English is perfect!  How wonderful to speak other languages.

I sometimes try to learn / speak Italian but my mouth can't make the right sounds.  It is so beautiful - as pretty as English with a British accent, ha ha!  I know some wonderful Italian Americans.  Italians are so adventurous - living all over the globe and loving so freely everywhere. 

I dream of visiting Italy.  I collect pictures from every town there on Pinterest.  

I am April, 40 years old (I could be your mom!), single nurse in South Carolina, USA.  I also cannot wait for Season 4 / the Christmas special.  It is neat to me, also, how we are all so different and yet  fit together here like family.  If you are ever in the South Carolina foothills, I have a bedroom that is yours, no lie.  We Sherlockians are family <3

Last edited by aprilwats (March 27, 2015 5:21 pm)

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

March 27, 2015 6:52 pm  #14

April your comment really touched me! When we speak about our passions age, gender, nationality don't count, I will probably be a fan of Sherlock till the end of time ahah.

I've never been in USA! If one day I'll manage to come I'll definitly call you *Sherlockians united <3*
Waa I use Pinterest too! A mental and economical travel around the world :D
Also if one day you will come to Italy please let me know! And when you say that you know some wonderful Italian-americans I hope you're not referring to the ones of jersey shore because I really hate that show ahah.

Anyway I definitly agree with you about British accent

March 27, 2015 11:59 pm  #15

I do not know anyone like those on Jersey Shore.  The few Italian Americans I know are soft-spoken, intelligent teachers of different sciences.  They are environmental advocates.  

You know Leonardo DiCaprio?  He's also soft-spoken and an environmental advocate, and Italian American <3  More like the American Italians here.

I can understand how you feel about Jersey Shore, though.  Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo Boo came from my area of the US, the southeast.   American TV is just pure s**t.

You are young so you may know my favorite author, John Green.  He is a southern American and he wrote some great books set here in southern US, like "Looking for Alaska" (Alabama) - my favorite!  And also "An Abundance of Katherines" (Tennessee) and "Paper Towns"  (Florida).  I think that's more like the Americans you'd meet (and maybe the adventures you'd have) if you came here.

Since you, too, are on Pinterest:
My "Italy" pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/aprmil/italy/ - don't tell me if it's photoshoped and that Italy is really not this beautiful.  This is my inspiration to keep adding to my boring, quiet savings.  I will go.
My "Sherlock" pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/aprmil/mind-palace/ - sadly, I cannot go there...

Last edited by aprilwats (March 28, 2015 12:34 am)

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

March 28, 2015 11:02 am  #16

Bugger. I understand now why you told me you're a girl...I'm sorry I made such a silly mistake! (and that's where you see I can't speak any Italian)...
"Benvenuto", ugh, I apologise.

March 28, 2015 12:15 pm  #17

aprilwats wrote:

You are young so you may know my favorite author, John Green.

Isn't he the one who wrote the fault in our stars?
Unfortunately I watched the film so I don't know him that much but I'll investigate :D

aprilwats wrote:

Since you, too, are on Pinterest:
My "Italy" pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/aprmil/italy/ - don't tell me if it's photoshoped and that Italy is really not this beautiful.  This is my inspiration to keep adding to my boring, quiet savings.  I will go.

Ahah maybe there are some strong colors here and there but if you come you probably won't be disappointed ;)

Lilythiell wrote:

Bugger. I understand now why you told me you're a girl...I'm sorry I made such a silly mistake! (and that's where you see I can't speak any Italian)...
"Benvenuto", ugh, I apologise.

Don't worry! I know in most of languages "welcome" doesn't have the gender :D
In french too if I remember well

March 28, 2015 1:17 pm  #18

No, in French we don't show the gender of the person whom we are talking to, indeed. Oh, how I wish I could have taken up a fourth language at school. Not that the Spanish classes I took were anything effective, mind. Interesting, yes. Effective? No.

What languages did you learn, then?

March 28, 2015 3:10 pm  #19

Ciao, Mela! Your nick seems also perfect for IOU 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 28, 2015 6:25 pm  #20

Mela wrote:

aprilwats wrote:

You are young so you may know my favorite author, John Green.

Isn't he the one who wrote the fault in our stars?
Unfortunately I watched the film so I don't know him that much but I'll investigate :D

Yes, John Green wrote the novel "The Fault in Our Stars."  I haven't seen the movie yet.  Another movie based on a mystery he wrote, "Paper Towns", will come out next summer.  American novels (like his) portray Americans as more thoughtful, rational and kind than our horrid TV shows like "Jersey Shore".  

By the way, did you see "Il Capital Umano"?  What did you think of it?  I think it came out last year, and is based on the American book "Human Capital" by Stephen Amidon.  This was an engrossing mystery!  I'm so curious about the Italian movie version.

Last edited by aprilwats (March 28, 2015 6:26 pm)

Board footera