BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2015 6:31 am  #1

Not another Aussie?!

Hi everyone, I've been posting for a bit over a week now, so I thought I should probably introduce myself. My name's Amber, and yes, I'm another Aussie. I am very new to Sherlock fandom owing to the fact that I don't usually get to watch much TV (due to having 2 young kids that never go to bed on time). However I borrowed the first 2 seasons of Sherlock on DVD from my mum and by the time I'd watched the first 5 episodes I had ordered season 3. Now I'm watching them all again  I have become tragically obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch and I'm diligently making my way through his list of amazing work, including Third Star, The Fifth Estate and Star Trek Into Darkness. I've requested everything the local library has that Benedict appears in or gives his voice to - including a children's audiobook he narrated (kids come in handy  ). I still haven't managed to see The Imitation Game  (we don't go to the movies much and my husband vetoed seeing it in favour of American Sniper - he's a jealous man  ). Today I started to watch To The Ends of the Earth - love Ben in period costume 

My kids (5 and 8) are Sherlock fans too, despite never having seen an episode - I think I may talk about it too much. They have picked up quite a few of Sherlock's sayings and gestures, and know all the characters' names. My 5 year old is adorable when he says the name "Benedict Cumberbatch" but I think my husband might be a bit over it!  I haven't been a fangirl like this since The X-Files! The Internet has come a long way since then, there is so much available for me to look at, read and drool over! I'm glad this forum exists so I can talk to like-minded people   

So anyway... I should go and do stuff... Make dinner, that kind of thing... I might just look at one more article about the Oscars though, just to see if there are any new photos of Ben... 'bye for now 

Last edited by ukaunz (February 23, 2015 6:32 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 23, 2015 11:18 am  #2

Re: Not another Aussie?!

G'Day!  Hello and welcome to the forum Amber! (I wanted to call my daughter Amber but it got vetoed by my husband. Boo. As a red-head it would have suited her.) Any how, have fun here! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 23, 2015 1:18 pm  #3

Welcome from me, too - after you have successfully sneaked in already 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 23, 2015 3:02 pm  #4

Welcome to the forum. I have read some of your posts already and think it's niace that you have writen a bit more about you here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 23, 2015 10:08 pm  #5

Hi and welcome.  I started watching Sherlock online one day in September 2013 because I was bored and it was raining.. I was instantly hooked and fell in love with Benedict Cumberbatch! We can't help it.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

February 24, 2015 9:46 am  #6

Welcome and keep the discussions coming! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 1, 2015 7:23 pm  #7

Hello ukaunz. Nice to meet yet another Aussie So what did you make for dinner?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They all tell me I am helpless, so I just help myself.

Board footera