BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2015 8:56 pm  #1

Two more awards for Sherlock (15 Feb. 2015)

Sherlock got some recognition yesterday (what a banner day two Sherlock awards, a WGA award for TIG and a wedding!)

A CAS award for outstanding achievement in sound mixing in a televison movie or mini-series... for HLV
(note you have to scroll down a bit but it does list all the people who were noted in this award that work on the show)
http://cinemaaudiosociety.org/?page_id=3912

And a Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild AwardBest Contemporary Hair StylingSHERLOCKHair Stylists: CLAIRE PRITCHARD-JONES and SARAH ASTLEY-HUGHES

Here's the link to the awards site -
[url]http://www.muahsawards.com/#!WINNERS/c145n/D3810CB3-D0C7-43E7-A6B7-85EDDA1DC9C0[/url]

Congrats to all who work so hard on the show to make it a beautiful production of quality.

I love how Ben always is profuse in his acknowledgements of the guild crafts that go into the making of the show.  He has mentioned many of them a number of times in public.  It's lovely to see them getting official recognition from their peers.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 15, 2015 8:57 pm  #2

Re: Two more awards for Sherlock (15 Feb. 2015)

Oooh, congrats, they really did a good job! Glad that they have some recognition fo this.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 15, 2015 8:57 pm  #3

Oh, that is really good! And I agree, the crew should also get recognition, there is a lot of people behind making the show what it is. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 15, 2015 9:15 pm  #4

And I guess it is only appropriate that the show get recognised for the great work they do on those lovely and beloved "Sherlock curls"!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 15, 2015 9:20 pm  #5

Wonderful news. Because it is not just the actors and actresses and the writing that make the show so special but the combination of so much talent in all fields. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2015 9:24 pm  #6

Ah-chie wrote:

And I guess it is only appropriate that the show get recognised for the great work they do on those lovely and beloved "Sherlock curls"! 

-Val

Oh yes, there should be a special Oscar for those curls.. *sigh* 

Both well deserved awards, congratulations to the winners!

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 15, 2015 9:25 pm)

February 15, 2015 9:59 pm  #7

Oh, lovely! The technical work on the show is uniformly excellent, it's wonderful to see it recognized.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera