BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2014 4:42 pm  #1

Please help... I need a picture

I just joined and I would love to have an avatar (if that is what it is called) off to the side of my posts (just underneath my username) of Sherlock. 

Does anyone know where I can get one (links) and how I go about using the image without upsetting the person who took the time and trouble to make it (some are really quite clever).

I think I would prefer a non-animated one but I have to say that Cumberbatch's facial expressions are sooooo ingenius that I may be tempted to go for one of the action shots of him. 

I realise that it has to be 100 X 100 pixels and I have found some images I really like, but I am not technically skillful enough to make it fit the parameters (I just got my iPad Air a couple of months ago).  I also found some lovely pix already made up but I am concerned that if I just copy them the person who created them will object (and rightly so - I am a bear about copyright myself). 

Anyone know of a such a site where I can get something to suit my purpose and the owners of the avatars won't mind sharing?

Thanks in advance...

-Val (Ah-chie)

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 17, 2014 5:46 pm  #2

Re: Please help... I need a picture

You could make an avatar on your own (screenshots e.g.) - some of us learned a lot like using picture programs and such just adaatpdwmd this forum  ) - or you can search for "avatar sherlock BBC" or similar.
You should find several people who offer their pictures for free use.
For example here  http://nero749.deviantart.com/art/Sherlock-BBC-Avatars-183787141
I'm not sure if you may use those from especially this site, but I remember some who literally invite people to use their stuff.
Good luck!

Last edited by Mattlocked (December 17, 2014 5:49 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera