BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2014 7:37 pm  #1

sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Sherlock starts in early 2016, filming in January says the newspaper I read.

Last edited by SusiGo (April 5, 2016 7:32 am)

Could be dangerous.

December 11, 2014 7:58 pm  #2

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

The filming of Sherlock will start in January, from what I have heard.

Could be dangerous.

December 11, 2014 8:05 pm  #3

We have a Season 4 chapter with a news thread, and you will find the news there, too.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 12, 2014 9:27 pm  #4

great, thanks.😃

Could be dangerous.

May 10, 2015 8:24 pm  #5

Sherlockology just tweet....
Filming S04 to begin..spring 2016.

@also a radiotimes article.

Last edited by lil (May 10, 2015 8:30 pm)

May 10, 2015 8:45 pm  #6

Awesome! Good to have a date-ish! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 10, 2015 9:13 pm  #7

So series four in January 2017 I guess. God, that's not getting better. And we're not getting any younger.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 10, 2015 9:32 pm  #8

Yeah, at least we have a time frame.  Although I thought series 4 was airing in 2016, not filming. I guess I misunderstood or got my hopes up a little too much.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 9:42 pm  #9

Blegh, that's ages away!

But it's good to at least have some clarity about when they're starting! Good thing the special is coming up! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2015 9:51 pm  #10

Yes, I'm glad that at least we'll be getting the special between then and now, or else it would be a long time without any Sherlock.  I remember in The Hound of the Baskervilles book Holmes says that part of the case is a waiting game.  That's what's happening now for us.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 9:57 pm  #11

The fandom that waited...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 11, 2015 4:21 am  #12

Yitzock wrote:

Yeah, at least we have a time frame.  Although I thought series 4 was airing in 2016, not filming. I guess I misunderstood or got my hopes up a little too much.

Filming will start in spring, it wouldn't be such a such a stretch to imagine we'd get it in late 2016...a thousand years away...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 11, 2015 4:28 am  #13

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 11, 2015 9:40 am  #14

Lilythiell wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

Filming will start in spring, it wouldn't be such a such a stretch to imagine we'd get it in late 2016...a thousand years away...

I'm pretty sure that they will try to stick to their "rhythm" (well, with a one year delay...) and we'll get series 4 at the beginning of 2017. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 11, 2015 9:57 am  #15

Shock blankets at the ready...
Let's drown our sorrow in tea, shall we?

May 11, 2015 12:06 pm  #16

Lilythiell wrote:

Shock blankets at the ready...
Let's drown our sorrow in tea, shall we?

I may need something a bit "stiffer" than tea darling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 11, 2015 1:28 pm  #17

Does anyone know how long it generally takes them to start filming and release a new season? I mean if they start filming in spring could it be possible that we get them withinn 2016?

Last edited by tykobrian (May 11, 2015 1:39 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

May 11, 2015 1:30 pm  #18

Tbh, I am a bit surprised that people are surprised about the date. Hamlet until the end of October, Dr Strange filming from November, Christmas holidays, probably finishing filming on Dr Strange in January. How were they going to start any earlier? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 11, 2015 1:38 pm  #19

I did not know the time frame of the other things Benedict will be doing, so that's one reason.  It makes sense when you bring those things in and know when those will be going on and for how long.

Clueing for looks.

May 11, 2015 1:43 pm  #20

Thank God that a Special comes in between - it seems ages away.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera