BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2014 9:26 am  #1

BOSS YOUR MAILBOX IS FULL!

Hello, can't PM you as it won't let me. It says your mailbox is full. Spammer on Introduction  thread needs banning. Have noted which one for you in heading etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2014 9:28 am  #2

Re: BOSS YOUR MAILBOX IS FULL!

Likewise on Meet The Members thread. Again flagged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2014 9:43 am  #3

There are three pages of new threads opened by this spambot. I managed to send a PM to the Boss this morning. But I do not have the time to delete three pages manually. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2014 9:51 am  #4

I'm working through them now. 

December 5, 2014 9:52 am  #5

Thanks, dear. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2014 10:05 am  #6

Yay! The Boss  is on and they are gone!

December 5, 2014 10:09 am  #7

Thank you, Boss and Davina. That was really unnerving and is just unnecessary work for you.
I just wonder what those trolls want to achieve? Maybe I'm too blue-eyed but what is behind this?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 5, 2014 12:28 pm  #8

They want to get click-throughs, usually.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 5, 2014 3:24 pm  #9

Not necessarily click throughs. Websites with lots of links to it used to do better in SEO rankings. I think Google has changed that now, but still you see dodgy sites trying to get higher ratings by posting random links on forums and blog comments. 

December 5, 2014 3:35 pm  #10

silverblaze wrote:

Not necessarily click throughs. Websites with lots of links to it used to do better in SEO rankings. I think Google has changed that now, but still you see dodgy sites trying to get higher ratings by posting random links on forums and blog comments. 

Interesting. I didn't realize the bots hadn't caught up with the Google algorithms yet. (I guess they don't bother to ever shut them down once they are released.)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 5, 2014 3:42 pm  #11

Well, they're not self-organising. They're not that clever (yet). But I don't know a great deal about them.

December 5, 2014 5:40 pm  #12

Ugh, I have so many messages I need to get rid of....

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera