BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2012 8:20 pm  #1

Review of London Meet Up - Saturday 28th April 2012

Last Saturday I went to another Sherlock meet up in London. It had been arranged on Facebook and we were booked onto a proper guided tour which cost £10 per person. We had our own tour guide and were led on a 3 and a half hour walk around London to all (or nearly all) of the Sherlock Holmes related sights, including locations from the books, the films and the TV series. It started at the Criterion (which is where Dr Watson meets up with Stamford in A Study In Scarlet), and ended at 221B Baker Street (well, where else?).

And I say 'nearly all' the sights because we didn't go to St Bart's. I'm not sure why exactly, but they probably would have had to make the tour an extra half an hour if we'd gone there too. In some ways I was relieved though, because everyone had already been completely hysterical throughout the whole day, I think if we'd have gone there we all just would have exploded or something. Some of the cool places we did go to though were the location of the Diogenes Club, the skate park where they filmed the scene from the Blind Banker, the Sherlock Holmes pub, Speedy's, various bridges where the filmed things, the beach location where the dead body was in The Great Game and loads more I can't even remember right now from the books and movies.

Anyway, I didn't take pictures of everything because I only had my Blackberry and I was also pretty sure that I'd probably just take a picture then get back home and think "where the hell was that and what relevance does it have to anything?!!", but anyway, here are a few pictures I took:

It was a really brilliant day despite it raining continually. Everyone was really friendly and completely crazy over Sherlock...we literally all SCREAMED when we got to Speedy's and then started acting out scenes from Sherlock randomly. I was glad it was closed because the customers would have been freaked out. Hilarious day. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2012 9:31 pm  #2

Re: Review of London Meet Up - Saturday 28th April 2012

This sounds like sooooooo much fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2012 1:31 am  #3

So was the guided tour BBC or canon related?
St Bart's doesn't feature that much in the canon, so this may have been why, but then there was no skateboard park in the canon either, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 2, 2012 9:23 am  #4

Me and Becky (Aka Sherlock) are going to a thing in Manchester on Sunday...and I am dressing as Fem!croft - and we will act out the "brotherly love"

I am so annoyed that I missed this but had Uni commitments.. grrr - exams/case studies and annoy, arrogant flatmate (rant over)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 2, 2012 9:38 pm  #5

@ Kazza - the tour featured elements of everything - Canon, BBC, Jeremy Brett, and all the film adaptations including the latest ones.

@ Anthea - I'm looking forward to it already (brother).

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 7, 2012 1:47 am  #6

wow!!  this makes me wish I was there too!!  beautiful pics!!  I'd heard of the museum through another friend,  but this is the first pic I've ever seen of it.   I  so  want to go there.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 7, 2012 1:48 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 8, 2012 10:40 pm  #7

I think organized bungee jumping off the roof of St. Bart's would bring in quite a lot of revenue.

Seriously, is that location a real hospital? Would they be worried about some nut job trying to jump for real?

If I visit London I'd love to go to one of these fan meet ups. What is title of facebook page?

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera