BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2014 9:16 pm  #1

Halloween

Happy Halloween! Have fun and eat lots of treats! 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

November 1, 2014 3:03 am  #2

Re: Halloween

And a Merry All Hallows Eve to you too

November 1, 2014 12:27 pm  #3

saturnR wrote:

And a Merry All Hallows Eve to you too

Thank you 

November 1, 2014 2:06 pm  #4

I hope you all had a great time yesterday!

I had the best Halloween ever! It was crazy as heck to be honest. I actually made friends with a psycho clown despite my phobia and watched two dead soldiers make out with a giant mouse... 
Ehm..

Oh, and I was a fem. Zombie Sherlock... and my friend and I had a giggle getting into costume, she went as Bloody Mary and suddenly everything made sense...

Usually here Halloween hasn't really been a thing. We had All Hallows night before the US took it as a tradition but yeah... we got a few rude comments, but there were a lot of kids dressed up and going trick or treating around in Copenhagen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 1, 2014 5:05 pm  #5

We got no kids last night, for which we were thankful.

Last edited by besleybean (November 1, 2014 10:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2014 6:37 pm  #6

Last night was fun! Went out to a party, danced, drank several Blue Lagoon cocktails. Not to mention a few vodka shots...woke up feeling like crap. Good times! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 1, 2014 10:05 pm  #7

besleybean wrote:

We got no kids last, for which we were thankful.

We got loads of kids. They nearly broke our door down! I spent the evening eating chocolate and watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Hounds of the Baskerville on DVD. 

November 2, 2014 12:29 pm  #8

Only one lot of kids here (we have a very long and very dark driveway). Got rid of an old pack of Cornish fudge that was tempting me from my diet. So good times all round. All Saints Day yesterday, so I watched The Boondock Saints ll: All Saints Day (of course). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 8, 2015 9:44 am  #9

I have just finished this year's costume for the Halloween party! How lovely that it's a Saturday this year! 

I am going as Ophelia's drowned ghost (as in Hamlet)... it's a costume I've had in mind for about 10 years now but never got to realize. 

I managed to get it all for just over £20. I'm a little proud of that! 

It's basically a white dress (and a white skirt because the online retailer didn't mention that the thing was quite clingy and seethrough, plus the skirt has pockets!) a white shawl, a leaf-vine, flower crown, various clip on flowers for my hair that is going to be messy,  a bunch of flowers to hold on to... I tried to get the 'right' flowers but that was a little harder than I thought... But I did get some daisy's which Ophelia never gave away, and are supposed to symbolize purity. 

And of course ghostly makeup... I tried the costume on the other day but still have to wait on trying out the makeup. (My bruised cheek means I can't touch my face without feeling queezy about the pain) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 2, 2015 9:03 am  #10

I had an awesome time on Halloween night! My friend held the party and it was just so much fun! 

One woman at the party looked so very, very scary! She had ruined her old  victorian looking wedding dress and put on a crazy makeup, even adding contact lenses. She scared people as we went into town to go on a pubcrawl... she'd sneak up on people and tilt her head and some even ran for their lives. 

I was in ghost makeup too... and a nice effect was a time she was walking behind me and someone first jumped seeing me... then they saw her! 

Halloween is getting bigger in Denmark, but there were still people who yelled at us for being in costume, we either ignored them or if we felt brave yelled back at them "Nice costume!!" ... a lot of us there were used to that kind of verbal abuse already... (being punks, goths etc...) 

btw this is some of my costume... I never got a good picture of my makeup, and in this shot my face was just horrible. So... you can't see the flowers in my hair sadly. 

But this is some of my costume: 
https://instagram.com/p/9gmF3PnuR8/ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera