BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2014 4:40 pm  #1

Benedict talks about Sherlock & Sex

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 29, 2014 4:53 pm  #2

Re: Benedict talks about Sherlock & Sex

Well, how to comment on that? I´ll try later, when I´m capable of cerebral responses again.. 

October 29, 2014 5:11 pm  #3

Just another entertainment article with a few funny moments. Hot stuff? Nah, rather it's nice-ish comedy 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 29, 2014 5:12 pm  #4

It is quite cute how he keeps mixing up Sherlock and himself. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2014 5:13 pm  #5

Yes, it is. And I like the latex test idea 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 29, 2014 5:15 pm  #6

I'll be in my bunk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 29, 2014 5:28 pm  #7

Really?
I think Benedict played this very smart.
What an awful interview.
Purile.
His intelligence and sense shine through.
Way to go stupid interviewer, reduce Sherlock to a sexual commodity.
This world stinks.
And female interviewer?
You do us no favours, love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2014 5:55 pm  #8

I uhm... I..... oh my gosh. I think I have rather red cheeks right now. 

But at the same time I could just read his awesome sarcasm... and yet... 

Uhm... *THUDS*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 29, 2014 5:56 pm  #9

Oh. My. Goodness.  I knew this article was due out and started off thinking it was funny, and good on him for playing the game, etc.  So I'm a bit embarrassed to admit (but I'll admit it, because I know I won't be the only one and we can all be embarrassed together) that it ended up being unexpectedly, really, really hot.  Funny and hot.  And also kind of cute (because he's completely aware of the effect!).   Mainly hot. 

Love the gifs as well, especially him smashing through the glass (nice metaphor!) when he mentions "enter".  And Mrs Hudson apparently thinking about what violnists do with their fingers! 

October 29, 2014 7:22 pm  #10

Can I just say that I am very happy about the relaxed reactions in here compared to the madness going on in other places? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2014 7:29 pm  #11

Madness again? Oh my God.
Ben is doing this on purpose, I swear. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 29, 2014 7:31 pm  #12

Can I just add a bit of clarification, too.
I came here first, followed the link and I honestly thought that was the WHOLE interview...which may explain my reaction a bit.
I later went to Twitter and there read the whole interview...so now don't feel quite so bad about it .
But really, I don't find that bit very funny and it's not Bendict I'm cross with.but the journalist.
I did read another brilliant interview with BC today, but as I have problem with copy and paste on here...
You know or maybe it was another excerpt from this, sorry I'm getting confused now.
Anyhow he was speaking out against religious extremism...good man,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2014 7:42 pm  #13

I don't know - I thought the journalist did quite a good job, and brought out some interesting things - probably the best one recently.   Would have loved to have read/heard more of the Hamlet rant. 

And the Sherlock stuff is very funny, but I also think isn't that far off the mark - I never really buy Sherlock as being awkward in bed.   He's good at things, does his research, etc.   And all that stored up passion. 

October 29, 2014 7:45 pm  #14

I'm just from another planet...

October 29, 2014 8:37 pm  #15

I think it's important to note that it's an IF--Benedict started out by saying that Sherlock has shut sex out of his life, but IF he had to for a reason...and so on. That's a fair assessment--he's not interested because he considers sex a useless distraction.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

October 29, 2014 8:42 pm  #16

Oh I think everything  Benedict said was perfectly fine.
I just thought it a stupid question and if people are getting off on the answer...just freaky.

Last edited by besleybean (October 29, 2014 8:49 pm)

October 29, 2014 8:46 pm  #17

besleybean wrote:

Oh I think everything  Bendict said was perfectly fine.
I just thought it a stupid question and if people are getting off on the answer...just freaky.

Oh, yeah, for sure.

October 30, 2014 1:06 am  #18

Freaky, really?  Lots of people find Sherlock attractive, and I think that obviously, his actor talking about how he'd have sex is going to be kind of sexy, even when it's in fun.  Seriously, I am interested in his take on it - very interested.  It's intriguing that he might see such a repressed character as so knowledgeable, and so tuned to reactions, and actually letting himself lose control (in that scene that will never happen!).  But what he said was also just hot.  Sorry, people.  (And nobody has to agree!  I didn't expect to think it was myself, when I started reading.  I just think it's perfectly understandable for people to feel that way about it.  Violinist's hands?  Loss of control? Anybody?  Never mind, then ). 

The interviewer doesn't ask many questions, just gives her opinion and lets him disagree, in his usual articulate way .  It was quite clever, I thought, and seemed as if they had a good rapport and were having fun (as far as you can tell from what's on the page!).

Last edited by Liberty (October 30, 2014 1:16 am)

October 30, 2014 1:57 am  #19

Liberty wrote:

The interviewer doesn't ask many questions, just gives her opinion and lets him disagree, in his usual articulate way .  It was quite clever, I thought, and seemed as if they had a good rapport and were having fun (as far as you can tell from what's on the page!).

Agreed--I thought it was a very good interview. (I also thought it was funny how she noted that he called later to apologize--he does seem to have learned how to backtrack, even though in this case it doesn't seem to have been necessary, if not how to mind his words in the first place!)

October 30, 2014 5:18 am  #20

I still don't understand how that part of the interview can make people angry or something. I mean, it's just an adult, talking about sex.
Fictional sex.

( As one of my favourite pupils would say, "Hello. The 50ies called, they want their prudery back...")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera