BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2014 9:38 pm  #1

Grandchester ITV

Grandchester is a six part adaptation from the Sidney Chambers novels by James Runcie. Set in 1950's, starring James Norton (Happy Valley) as the mystery solving vicar and Robson Green as Inspector Geordie Keating.

I am really enjoying this drama. Is anyone else watching this show?

Last edited by Bronte89 (October 14, 2014 9:39 pm)

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

October 14, 2014 9:47 pm  #2

Re: Grandchester ITV

The trailer looked very promising 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 14, 2014 9:57 pm  #3

Harriet wrote:

The trailer looked very promising 

It's very good!

October 16, 2014 6:11 pm  #4

I always see the preview on ITV when I watch Downton Abbey, looks really interesting, I like Robson Green a lot, I used to watch "Wire in the blood". I think I'll give it a try.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 18, 2014 12:08 pm  #5

Going to try and watch on catch up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 20, 2014 4:14 pm  #6

Ivy wrote:

I always see the preview on ITV when I watch Downton Abbey, looks really interesting, I like Robson Green a lot, I used to watch "Wire in the blood". I think I'll give it a try.

I recommend the show.

October 20, 2014 4:15 pm  #7

Davina wrote:

Going to try and watch on catch up.

Enjoy! 

October 23, 2014 2:54 pm  #8

I really enjoyed Episode 3. Dickens, the dog is lovely.

October 23, 2014 5:50 pm  #9

Susi sent me the link before the start. I didn't watch it on tv for reasons that have nothing to do with the show itself. Glad that you enjoy it a lot, it seems cool! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 30, 2014 2:07 pm  #10

Harriet wrote:

Susi sent me the link before the start. I didn't watch it on tv for reasons that have nothing to do with the show itself. Glad that you enjoy it a lot, it seems cool! 

I hope you enjoy watching the show.

October 30, 2014 2:15 pm  #11

Episode 4 was okay. Amanda is jealous of the German woman but I don't think either of these women deserve Sidney.

October 30, 2014 9:38 pm  #12

I've just came across "The Grantchester Mysteries" by James Runcie online. Can anyone recommend the books as well?

Random stuff: Grantchester is the home of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) I've just learned. So quite the famous village this Grantchester. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 7, 2014 3:07 pm  #13

Ivy wrote:

I've just came across "The Grantchester Mysteries" by James Runcie online. Can anyone recommend the books as well?

Random stuff: Grantchester is the home of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) I've just learned. So quite the famous village this Grantchester. 

I've not read the books, I'm afraid.

November 7, 2014 3:16 pm  #14

Episode 5 was quite sad. Sidney is tormented and doesn't know what he wants. Does he love Amanda? Last episode is on Monday.

November 7, 2014 3:43 pm  #15

I have started watching this series (2 episodes so far) and am really rather enjoying it. Nicely played parts, tightly written, well costumed & period correct. I am certainly going to watch the rest of the series. Thanks for the heads up on this! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 7, 2014 9:48 pm  #16

Davina wrote:

I have started watching this series (2 episodes so far) and am really rather enjoying it. Nicely played parts, tightly written, well costumed & period correct. I am certainly going to watch the rest of the series. Thanks for the heads up on this! 

You're welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

November 22, 2014 10:05 pm  #17

Episode  6 was very sad!  Poor Geordie and Sidney. Missing Grantchester. I'd like the DVD for Christmas.

November 23, 2014 7:22 pm  #18

Catching up to do again. The weather is so vile at the moment it is the ideal opportunity.

November 29, 2014 2:09 pm  #19

Davina wrote:

Catching up to do again. The weather is so vile at the moment it is the ideal opportunity.

That sounds like a lovely idea! I watched it in bed on my IPad last night. ITV have given series 2 the green light so they start filming again in 2015.

November 30, 2014 4:09 pm  #20

That's good!

Board footera