BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2014 6:19 am  #1

hOOray it's (adult) mOnday!

This thread is dedicated to the most fulfilling moment in Johnlock fan fiction.
Oh yes, you assume correctly! 

The idea is that on each mOnday we share and appreciate our favourite fanfic-Os here.

Pls. post just the link and and the first and last words of that particular section.
(That way it's more decent. And it's ok to care about decent.)
Everybody here is able to make their own research then.
Remember also to add a warning for violence, kinks and the like.

Let comments come (no pun intended!), and make them encouraging and considerate.

It's fine if there are several new entries on the same mOnday. The more the merrier!
It's also fine if your favourite O has already been submitted a former time. Post it anyway.
It's all fine!

Let me submit this one for a start. It brought tears in my eyes for its emotional intensity, and gave me the idea for this thread 

Sherlock's in Vena Cava, by Silent Auror
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1185880

„Sherlock has gone nearly ... - … burrowing closer than ever.“

Feel free to contribute, everybody! The Game is On! 

Last edited by Harriet (October 14, 2014 9:50 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2014 9:02 am  #2

Re: hOOray it's (adult) mOnday!

Oh, yes, that is really a beautiful scene. I love this fic and this is one of the highlights in every sense. Wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2014 9:05 am  #3

Oh my, I don't have time to read this now. But I wanna read this now. What are 27452 words anyway? I need to read this now... sounds great.
And very nice idea, Harriet! Our mondays will be doomed from now on, thank you very much.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 13, 2014 9:07 am  #4

Solar, you could start with the relevant passage which is not long but very rewarding. 

And then you should read the whole fic, it is one of my favourites ever. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 13, 2014 9:08 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2014 9:17 am  #5

That's exactly what I just did, Susi. Okay, I admit I started to read a few passages prior to the one and read on a little longer...

And I'll definitely read the whole fic, it's SilentAuror after all.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 13, 2014 12:36 pm  #6

YAY to adult monday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 13, 2014 1:15 pm  #7

Yay to the new thread!

I must definitely recommend this elder and probably well-known, but very good work:

The Great Sex Olympics of 221B, by XistentialAngst
http://archiveofourown.org/works/477669?view_full_work=true

Entire chapter 10 is one good, long, perfect Johnlock scene, but the hot stuff begins with the words: "He looked edible." and ending with "A thought struck John and he started giggling low in his belly."

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2014 1:38 pm  #8

nakahara wrote:

Yay to the new thread!

I must definitely recommend this elder and probably well-known, but very good work:

Entire chapter 10 is one good, long, perfect Johnlock scene, but the hot stuff begins with the words: "He looked edible." and ending with "A thought struck John and he started giggling low in his belly."

Enjoy!

Oh god.  The first time I read "Sex Olympics" I cried through the last chapter.  That whole fic was totally not what I expected.  *swoon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 13, 2014 1:56 pm  #9

"Sex Olympics" was one of the first fics with, uhm, adult content I ever read. And yes, tonnaree, it wasn't what I had expected, either.

October 13, 2014 2:38 pm  #10

Oh, how could I have missed this one!? Will definitely read it next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2014 2:58 pm  #11

Same with me. Went straight to my Kindle. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 13, 2014 3:30 pm)

October 13, 2014 4:21 pm  #12

The title actually put me off at first.  Was hesitant to read it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 13, 2014 4:26 pm  #13

Me too, tonnaree. But apparently it is worth a try.

October 13, 2014 4:31 pm  #14

nakahara wrote:

Yay to the new thread!

Enjoy!

Thanks!   

I guess I have to make this a booklet of its own for my reader 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2014 4:45 pm  #15

I want to express my respect for this thread by posting one of my all-time favourites:

The Curious Case of the Howl in the Night[/url] (8143 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/sideris]sideris
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Summary: "You made me howl, John." Sherlock's tone is accusatory, his eyes blazing with indignation. "There has to be an explanation. I don't ...howl."

If you only want to read the adult monday part of it, you should start with Bemused but too far gone to ask questions, John complies. and read on until and rolls over onto his back to doze.

Last edited by Schmiezi (October 13, 2014 5:03 pm)

October 13, 2014 6:30 pm  #16

tonnaree wrote:

The title actually put me off at first. Was hesitant to read it.

Me too. When I first saw the title I presumed it would be stupidest, silliest thing under the sun.
Then I proceeded to read it and it turned out to be absolutely sweetest, loveliest Johnlock fanfic ever. 

Schmiezi wrote:

I want to express my respect for this thread by posting one of my all-time favourites.

The Curious Case of the Howl in the Night (8143 words) by sideris

Sounds interesting. I´ll check that one out. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2014 6:51 pm  #17

The Curious Case ... a real hottie 

October 14, 2014 1:36 pm  #18

nakahara wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

The title actually put me off at first. Was hesitant to read it.

Me too. When I first saw the title I presumed it would be stupidest, silliest thing under the sun.
Then I proceeded to read it and it turned out to be absolutely sweetest, loveliest Johnlock fanfic ever. 

Thank you, adult Monday, for making me read The Sex Olympics. It's such a wonderful fanfic.

October 14, 2014 9:43 pm  #19

... and I just noticed it was written by the same author who wrote the very first fanfic I've ever read in all my life: The Seduction of Dr John Watson by XistentialAngst. That fic guided me into the fanfic sphere 

October 14, 2014 9:56 pm  #20

Harriet wrote:

... and I just noticed it was written by the same author who wrote the very first fanfic I've ever read in all my life: The Seduction of Dr John Watson by XistentialAngst. That fic guided me into the fanfic sphere

Oh, thank you for noting this.
I really love the style in which this author writes yet I never get to check if she hasn´t written some more works.
The Seduction of Dr John Watson sounds superb! 

Board footera