BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2014 10:13 pm  #1

I just came back from my local comic-con…

I saw a lot of Sherlock memorabilla when I was there. This is no suprise since “Sherlock” is popular with those who love fan fiction and they usually like to go to comic conventions. They had it along with all of the Doctor Who merchandise. I imagine it is because they are both put out by the BBC and that are both written by Moffat/ Gatiss. Most of what they were selling were posters and promotional pics and I had bought some of them. I also got for myself an Inspector Greg Lestrade police ID ,which was made by someone who specializes in making picture ID’s for TV/Movie characters.

So have you ever found any Sherlock items or seen anything related to series at any comic book conventions?

September 14, 2014 2:00 pm  #2

Re: I just came back from my local comic-con…

Sherlock in not that popular here in Spain, so the only thing I've found (to date) in comic/manga/cosplay conventions is some badges and magnets. 

The thing is, I was surprised at seeing that Sherlock isn't all that popular in London either, at least going for the lack of merchandising...Maybe British comic and fan events would be another thing.

Board footera