BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2014 1:58 am  #1

I am Sherlocked

Hello!

I am Snootiegirl. And yes, I am female. I'm a fangirl of things Sherlock, Star Wars, X-Men, Avengers, Star Trek: TNG, Battlestar Galactica, etc. Basically a nerd from the get-go.

I'm also a writer. In RL, I am a technical writer. In my 'spare' time, I write fanfiction and other fiction. Writing is basically my raison d'etre. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

But, alas, I am not published in the sense of anyone having heard of me. The curse of the non-fiction writer is to write for others and have others own the work. Not that software manuals and eLearning courses are the stuff of Pulitzers or the NYT Best Seller List. But there is a flair to it. Someone has to write that stuff, and as I like to say, thank god it isn't the engineers anymore.

My career didn't exist not that long ago. It's an interesting thing to contemplate your place in history that way. What would I have done even 10 years earlier than I came of age? I really don't know. Been miserable I suspect.

Anyway, if you are interested in reading my fanfiction, I'm on AO3 and FFN. Same name. I've just started a Sherlock story, but I have a bunch of SW. Please keep in mind that my stuff is NSFW and most often explicit. Reader beware. I don't apologize for my choice of topics or content. It's what I like to read; it's what I like to write. And I like to think that I'm intelligent enough to add in some stuff to make you think or laugh.

Cheers!

August 31, 2014 2:08 am  #2

Re: I am Sherlocked

NSFW?  Really.  No one here reads Explicit fan fiction.

*ducks before the lighting strikes*

JUST KIDDING!  Sounds like you'll fit in here fine.  WELCOME!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 31, 2014 5:45 am  #3

Welcome to another fanfic writer! I will go and check out your stuff on AO3 right away.

Edit: Or maybe you can link your fics.  There is a thread for fanfics from forum members. Somehow I can't find you on AO3.

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 31, 2014 5:51 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 31, 2014 7:45 am  #4

Welcome!  You must be a natural writer to do it for a living and in your spare time .  Thank goodness there are people like you to make manuals and courses more readable. 

August 31, 2014 11:41 am  #5

Oh my goodness, twist my arm to find readers! LoL

<link>http://archiveofourown.org/works/2114769/chapters/4613892<\link>

August 31, 2014 11:47 am  #6

Hi, warm welcome!  But as tonnaree said, really not much interest here on the board in such stuff 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 31, 2014 11:51 am  #7

Well, if no one's interested, I'll just go back to toiling in the darkness. LOL

Thank you for the warm welcome for me and my writing.

August 31, 2014 11:56 am  #8

Could be that one or another might follow you there, though 

We have lots of fanfic threads and writer's threads, enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 31, 2014 12:22 pm  #9

As an avid fanfic reader, i welcome you warmly...I'm always happy to find somehing new to read!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 31, 2014 6:05 pm  #10

Welcome to the forum, Snootiegirl! Nice to meet you 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 31, 2014 8:37 pm  #11

Welcome and have a great time here!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 2, 2014 12:00 am  #12

Thank you all. I'd love feedback on my writing (not just the Sherlock). I suspect that a show this intelligent attracts intelligent fans. With opinions. You know, opinions? LOL

September 2, 2014 8:19 pm  #13

Hello and a sincere welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2014 11:20 pm  #14

Star Treak TNG?
Star wars?
if you like also Stargate, you are my soulmate! 

Welcome to the forum, Snootiegirl!

September 2, 2014 11:25 pm  #15

Davina wrote:

Hello and a sincere welcome to the forum.

Thank you. I love your baby otter avatar.

September 2, 2014 11:28 pm  #16

A lovely light wrote:

Star Treak TNG?
Star wars?
if you like also Stargate, you are my soulmate! 

Welcome to the forum, Snootiegirl!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Alas, I did not watch Stargate (except the movie years ago). I did enjoy Farscape way back when though . . .

September 3, 2014 10:19 am  #17

Thank you. It is incredibly cute isn't it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera