BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 21, 2014 9:54 am  #1

Episodes or scenes you could watch over and over and over again

We now have a thread where we can talk about episodes and scenes we would rather not watch again, so I thought it might be nice to also talk about episodes and scenes we just can't watch often enough, for whatever reasons.

I'll just start by mentioning one episode, and that would have to be TRF. I think it's a brilliant episode, and when I watched it for the first time it left me completely devastated. I will always think of it as the episode that made me completely fall in love with "Sherlock" (I started by watching S2). It's not easy to watch, that's for sure, but the pain feels so good... 

When it comes to scenes I could watch over and over again, there are plenty. So I'll mention the one I already mentioned in the other thread: Sherlock and John in the hallway at the end of TEH. It actually starts when Sherlock is still in his room and John awaits him and their eyes meet... that's when the real reunion begins for me. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 21, 2014 10:31 am  #2

Re: Episodes or scenes you could watch over and over and over again

Any time Mycroft & John go off at each other is pretty amazing to watch

August 21, 2014 10:40 am  #3

Yes, Solar, there are plenty indeed 

And it is hard to choose. The one that first came into my mind was, of course:

JOHN: We should call the police.
SHERLOCK: Yes.
SHERLOCK: On their way.

Sherlock's beauty in that scene 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 21, 2014 10:48 am  #4

His beauty and his gun. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 21, 2014 11:00 am  #5

Gun? What gun??? (Totally puzzled, due of the distracting beauty  )

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 21, 2014 11:16 am  #6

Outside "The Woman's" house, Harriet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 21, 2014 11:29 am  #7

Ah, thanks! Yes, there was a most lovely Sherlock! 

Anybody else to contribute here? 

August 21, 2014 11:46 am  #8

I know some people really don't like it but I could watch drunk John and Sherlock for days!  They are both normally so repressed that seeing them open and vulnerable like that..................*sigh*
Also, I lamo everytime at Sherlock's "I know ash."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 21, 2014 11:53 am  #9

tonnaree, I also like that whole sequence very much.

But what I like even more is of course Sherlock being a tiny bit bored.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCnsex4Wlg

August 21, 2014 12:03 pm  #10

Let me throw in two favourites of mine from one of the less popular episodes: the fireplace scene (because it is an acting tour de force) and the graveyard scene in HoB. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2014 12:20 pm  #11

SolarSystem wrote:

But what I like even more is of course Sherlock being a tiny bit bored.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPCnsex4Wlg

Ah yes! Very good choice.

What about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8_YQ7_Jo8k&list=PLO-wxIy9sHyarMo8FB7Q85I0qU9DP9tbe&index=8

And your suggestions are brilliant as well, Susi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 21, 2014 12:21 pm  #12

Oh yes, the graveyard scene is definitely one to watch hundreds of times. Whenever I watch Hounds I just have to rewind the scene and watch it again immediately. And again. And again. This could go on forever.

August 21, 2014 12:32 pm  #13

Exactly, Solar.

(Tony Hadley)

August 21, 2014 1:25 pm  #14

I love all the above mentioned scenes (especially drunk Sherlock and John), let me add John's "nobody could fake being such an annoying dick all the time" and my favourite scene of the whole series, Sherlock and John in Buckingham Palace.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

August 21, 2014 3:59 pm  #15

Agree with the fireplace scene and pretty much all of TRF. My absolute favourite scenes from the entire show would be the confrontation scene at the end of TGG, the mind palace scene from HoB, and the mind palace sequence from HLV after the big shocker (this one I watch over and over and over... literally!). 

August 21, 2014 4:46 pm  #16

This isn't a whole scene, but I could watch over and over again the bit where John comes into Sherlock's room after Sherlock is drugged in SIB. John's just so gorgeous and cute there. I know the focus of the scene is semi-coherent Sherlock, but I'm just focused on John's jeans and the button down and the cute little smirk after saying that Lestrade might have been filming.

A whole scene would have to be the Mind Palace post-shot scene in HLV. Cliched, I know, but that whole scene is just wow, especially when Moriarty starts taunting Sherlock. Everything about that scene is perfect; the makeup, the music, the acting, the imagery, the dialogue. I think I learned more about Sherlock in that scene than in all the other episodes put together.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 21, 2014 4:55 pm  #17

I could watch SiB again and again because it made me fall in love with the show.

As for scenes, the entire "Sherlock gets shot" scene until he wakes up at the hospital is so breath-taking, even after watching it one hundred times.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 21, 2014 5:10 pm  #18

Just rewatched HOB the other day and my love for the mind palace scene cannot be over stated.
The mind palace stuff in S3 is more showy but the one in HOB will always be special to me because it was our first.
It's just beautiful to watch.  Ben's hands are so graceful and his facal expressions eloquent.  The whole thing is like a dance.
I've stated before that it would be wonderful to get some behind the scenes info on this one.  How much was planned out?  Did Ben improvise any?  I'd really like to know. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 21, 2014 5:20 pm  #19

tonnaree wrote:

Just rewatched HOB the other day and my love for the mind palace scene cannot be over stated.

The man who deleted the solar system knows how to do the Hound Dog. Sherlock is so complex!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 21, 2014 7:54 pm  #20

Basicly everything you all mentioned before and many, many more

The whole Scandal in Belgravia. Really, I can't stop when I start watching this episode, when I just want to check a particular scene, I end up watching everything. 
The first explanation of the fall in TEH. I love the music. The hair ruffle. Just everything about this scene.
The deduction scene with Sherlock and Mycroft in TEH, it's brilliantly acted.
Sherlock's Mind Palace after he's been shot in HLV, I can't get enough of it. 
Sherlock being hugged by Lestrade.

I can do this all day...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Board footera