BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2014 9:50 pm  #1

Are you trustworthy?

I was just having a conversation about trust with someone...

Are you someone people trust? Do they trust you too much? Or do you wish people would trust you more?

People have always trusted me; with way too much. When I was a punk chick with safety pins all over I can remember a complete stranger putting her todler in my lap and asking me if I could watch him while she had to sort some things. 

In school, having the same look I was the only out of the entire class the teachers trusted... once the clocks were broken as well as the bell and the teacher asked me for the time... I lied so we got off 10 minutes early. 

It's a bit of a scary power, to have a trustworthy face... you can tell people anything and they will believe you!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (August 18, 2014 9:51 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2014 10:15 pm  #2

Re: Are you trustworthy?

Pretty much so, i guess. people tend to quickly tell me a lot of things, personal things. Sometimes it is a bit of trouble for me to bring that out in people but alas, usually i try to be there for them as good as i can. 

August 19, 2014 6:00 am  #3

Same here. It gets a bit emabarrassing when pupils' parents start telling me things about their private lifes I never wanted to know first place. But of course it is very helpful when dealing with difficult pupils. For some reason they open up to me relatively soon so I can really help them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 19, 2014 6:06 am  #4

In our primary school, it's the kids who accidentally reveal embarrassing personal details about the parents!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 19, 2014 2:43 pm  #5

It's an interesting question. I think it depends what trust implies. Trust me to keep secrets? Trust me with a stranger's toddler? Trust me to support and care? ...

Most people (strangers and friends) do indeed trust me. Some few are afraid of me, and/ or don't believe in my goodwill. I cannot say what either of them sees in me that makes them choose to trust or distrust, but it made me realise that I'm not a 100% trustworthy person for everybody. Which is fine. I like it that way.

Last edited by Whisky (August 19, 2014 2:51 pm)

"It is what it is."

Board footera