BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2014 2:26 pm  #1

Another addict!

Hey all!  Greetings from Florida!

My user name says it all.  Sherlock is my fix.  I just can't fight it anymore.  I have given in to the endorphins and indulge at every opportunity.

I have to confess that in the past I was not entirely respectful of the whole fan thing, Beatlemania, Trekkies, and so on.  But now I understand.  Or, actually, I don't understand.  I don't understand how this show has infiltrated my every moment.  It wasn't a conscious choice, and I don't seem to be able to leave it alone.

I am an older person in a responsible, professional position, and I feel like I have to sneak around.  My husband probably thinks I'm having an affair.  Friends and family would be highly derisive if they knew how involved my dependency is.  When I have tried to bring them on board, I get blank or puzzled looks, so I've learned to shut up. But I have so much to say, and so many questions! What a relief to find this site!

Thanks, all of you, for being here for me.

July 29, 2014 2:37 pm  #2

Re: Another addict!

Yes dear, I understand. 
Here's the right place for you. Welcome and have fun!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 2:40 pm  #3

Hi and welcome, you have found the right place. May I recommend our self-help group for abandoned husbands? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2014 2:44 pm  #4

Oh, Susi, is there? Didn't know that; have to tell hubby at once! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 2:46 pm  #5

Oh yes, my hubby certainly needs it too.

Welcome and have lots of fun in this community.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 5:36 pm  #6

Thanks, you guys.  Just being on here makes me feel so much better.  I feel hugged!

BTW, my hubbie doesn't know about my addiction.  I've been more or less successful in watching and researching when he's not around or outside of the house (I LOVE my ipad for this reason - easily portable addiction enabler.) But at other times, I've quickly switched to Facebook when he walks into the room. He really would not understand, and I would never hear the end of it.

July 30, 2014 2:43 pm  #7

Hi, nice to meet u

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 and i'm klainer too

July 31, 2014 10:05 pm  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum. I know the feeling re: fandom stuff. My iPad is very useful. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2014 1:35 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have fun here.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

September 18, 2014 9:24 am  #10

Hi and welcome! It's seems you would fit in perfectly! We're all addicted.

September 26, 2014 4:02 pm  #11

I completely understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera