BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 13, 2014 5:08 pm  #1

American Hangman

Does anyone have more information aside this one http://www.metro-films.com/brian-cox-martin-freeman-join-american-hangman/

I am not quite sold on the idea of an english thriller made from a small company. Would they have an enough high budget to make an interesting thriller? Low budget ones are most of the time awful for their cinematography, editing and sound, even when the acting is good ( i think if Sherlock was coming with the pilor instead of the new Study in pink it would have tanked, the music was quite bad, the filming not so good, it looked a little cheap as a whole, even when the actors were as good as in the broadcasted episode). Would they have a good movie distribution or are they targeted only on UK market? 

August 29, 2014 6:44 am  #2

Re: American Hangman

Apparently, it will be filmed in November 2014 www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jag-star-david-james-elliott-729044 (i was thinking that in november would be the Hobbit promo?).

August 30, 2014 10:47 am  #3

Well, the 3rd Hobbit film is coming to screen on the 10th of december, so Martin Freeman probably won´t have to do promotion work until the beginning of december, so I guess he would have time to film this movie in november. And if it is indeed an independent production they probably won´t have too much time for the shooting anyway, because the more time it takes to shoot the film, the more expensive it will get. But I hope we will get a little more information about this project when he´s interviewed for the Hobbit.

November 26, 2014 11:00 pm  #4

It seems that the project is either shelved or not-to-happen. It has dissapeard from IMDB of both Martin and Brian Cox. Such a pity, i was happy to see him acting in a dramatic film, his future plans are all comedy as far as we know. 

February 16, 2015 10:19 am  #5

* And the programme was very interesting, obviously.

FSL:

Board footera