BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2014 5:10 pm  #1

Riddles!

I love riddles so I thought I could ask some to you who also like them. Of course you can also ask them if you like!
My first one is: I wear a dress that falls off me and I light until I die, what am I?

June 25, 2014 5:37 pm  #2

Re: Riddles!

Comet?

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 5:43 pm  #3

Hmm, nice solution (logically seen it would be true) but not what I was looking for

June 25, 2014 5:47 pm  #4

My second guess will be candle then

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 6:40 pm  #5

And we have a winner!! 

June 25, 2014 6:54 pm  #6

Nothing good come into my mind right now so if you like you could ask another one

"

June 25, 2014 7:55 pm  #7

Ok, there is a rather tricky one and easy one:
-I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I?
-By night I fly, by day I sleep. I do have eyes and yet I don't see a peep. What am I?
Enjoy!

June 25, 2014 8:11 pm  #8

1st is anything with music (keys), could be a CD box as well as a piano or an amplifier or a radio or a drum 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 25, 2014 8:21 pm  #9

Second - maybe a bat?

"

June 25, 2014 8:34 pm  #10

Harriet, you are very close, and martast, you got it right!

June 25, 2014 8:36 pm  #11

Oh sorry harriet, I didn't see you wrote Piano, it is the right answer! Congrats!

June 25, 2014 8:42 pm  #12

Thanks. But why is it exactly a piano and nothing else? Just curious 

(And it couldn't be a drum, stupid me!)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 25, 2014 8:43 pm  #13

Alright, this seems too easy for you guys, what about that one:
I can be cracked and I can be made. I can be told, at the same time I can be played. What am I?

June 26, 2014 9:48 am  #14

Damn, this is tough one. I'm thinking from yesterday and I can't figure it out. I will shoot "joke" or something like that but I'm not totally convinced.

"

June 26, 2014 1:07 pm  #15

I wonder if the answer to that riddle is "riddle"

June 26, 2014 3:25 pm  #16

Hey joke is correct! If nobody wants to ask one, then I will:
-I am the start of war and end of sorrow. You can't express wisdom without me but I am at the heart of dimwits. You may find me in waves but never in oceans. What am I?

June 26, 2014 5:32 pm  #17

"W" 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 26, 2014 5:59 pm  #18

Perfect! How smart you all are.   

June 26, 2014 6:12 pm  #19

Well, we are the Sherlock fandom, aren't we? 

No idea for a new one, though... Feel free to go on.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 26, 2014 6:30 pm  #20

I like riddles, but haven't really retained a lot of good ones in my head (other than the awesome ones from the 'Riddles In The Dark' scene… ;D).  Your 'w' one though, reminded me of finding this cleverly amusing back when I was a kid! 
Yours were fun!  This is an old, slightly silly and probably widely heard one….

There's a sign - 'Railroad Crossing, watch out for cars'.  How do you spell it without any R's?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera