BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2012 9:50 am  #1

John is left handed

When they're sat in the cafe opposite the Lucky Cat Emporium he's writing down the cipher numbers with his left hand. Only just noticed!

But come to think of it...he fires his gun with his left hand in ASIP doesn't he? Can you think of any other examples of his leftieness? And presumably this is just because Martin is a leftie?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2012 9:54 am  #2

Re: John is left handed

The whole country drives on the left side, just because of John!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 21, 2012 9:57 am  #3

Oh gawd no, not another left handed conspiracy!!!!!!!

But seriously, yes I noted ages ago that he was lefthanded. It's in every scene that he does something with his hands...lmao.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 10:12 am  #4

That's Ok, I'm just seriously good at seeing but not observing. Still got a lot of practicing to do to be more like Sherlock.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2012 10:16 am  #5

That's ok, observe away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 8:59 am  #6

Still got a lot of practicing to do to be more like Sherlock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommend the House MD Season 8 DVD, a very good-looking DVD!

June 7, 2012 9:08 am  #7

Hmmm gives me an idea.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 9:14 am  #8

Oh, pray tell!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 9:21 am  #9

It's an idea for something, like a quiz but not a quiz. A task may be a better name for it.

I shall dwell on it & post when my idea has formed.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 9:45 am  #10

Ooh... Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 11:36 am  #11

But you're going to have to!.........Mwahahah!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 9, 2012 4:42 pm  #12

Well,  I've known  john was lefthanded,  but I can't tell what Sherlock is....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 9, 2012 4:50 pm  #13

Don't know about Sherlock, but I do about Irene...

She's heavy-handed. 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 9, 2012 7:42 pm  #14

@sherlockskitty Sherlock is right handed, at least in this series. You can tell when he turns off the TV in The Great Game and again when he is dripping chemicals in A Study in Pink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 10, 2012 2:30 am  #15

And Molly is, after proposing a date with Sherlock, empty-handed.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 10, 2012 11:34 am  #16

I noticed very soon that Sherlock is right handed, because I find most of the actors/actresses nowadays to be left handed and it stroke me as a curious thing. I was like... "hey! Cumberbatch is right handed like me! Yay!" 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 30, 2013 1:06 am  #17

While John and Martin are left handed  - I'm afraid we can't blame them for driving on the left on John, as Martin has never learned to drive.

*How expensive was that cab ride out to the hikers meadow anyway?  At least he didn't need to pay return fare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

June 30, 2013 3:05 am  #18

YAY fellow lefties!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 30, 2013 9:36 am  #19

kazza474 wrote:

It's an idea for something, like a quiz but not a quiz. A task may be a better name for it.

I shall dwell on it & post when my idea has formed.

Well... that got sinister rather quickly. I am now nervous as to what Kazza474 will make us do.

Never noticed John was left handed before. I myself am not a leftie but I have relatives who are (so I'm not allowed to go around calling them the spawn of the devil because I'd get a well aimed left-handed clip to the ear.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

May 9, 2016 2:45 pm  #20

But it looks like John hit the boss of Lestard with his right fist shortly before he fled with Sherlock.

Board footera