BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2014 10:53 am  #1

You Know You're a CumberCookie when...

Pretty much same story as the Sherlock one...

I'll start with this

When I the other day almost got teary eyed when I counted 6 DVD titles that had Benedict in them in the local supermarket... and finding out that S3 of Sherlock got sold out from the DVD store with the clearance sale the day after they put them on the shelves... It felt like a proud fan moment for me... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 12, 2014 11:54 am  #2

Re: You Know You're a CumberCookie when...

The last 3 books you bought from Amazon were because either Ben reccomended it or is going to be in the movie adaptation.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 12, 2014 11:54 am  #3

When you are watching telly with your mother, because there is nothing interesting your mother is jumping through the channels, you suddenly see Benedict in one of the channels and you are saying to your mother "Give me TV remote control woman!" in the same tone that Moriarty used when he said "Say that again!"

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 12, 2014 4:34 pm  #4

Ha!  What was it?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 12, 2014 9:07 pm  #5

Russell wrote:

Ha! What was it?

You mean which film with Benedict it was? To my big surprise - Last Enemy

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 12, 2014 11:24 pm  #6

When your mother calls Ben a creepy looking ba**ard and you send her this pic to her facebook wall *thanfully she seen the funny side and didnt threaten to bitchslap me with her slipper*

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

June 16, 2014 5:35 am  #7

When your stomach does a backflip when you encounter a tall, slim guy with flatcap and sunglasses.. I had to stare all the time.

When there are no more spiders in your world, only "thpiders".

When you walk through the library and everything reminds you of him, first thing you see is a book about Hamlet, next van Gogh, the physics section reminds you of Hawking and the history section of Parade´s End.. 

June 16, 2014 8:27 am  #8

When BBC is not a shortcut of "British Broadcasting Corporation" but  it's a shortcut of "Because Benedict Cumberbatch" 

"

June 16, 2014 8:42 am  #9

tonnaree wrote:

The last 3 books you bought from Amazon were because either Ben reccomended it or is going to be in the movie adaptation.  

Oh yes! This!
And when your wish list on Amazon consists of Benedict related items anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 16, 2014 9:13 am  #10

Zatoichi wrote:

When your stomach does a backflip when you encounter a tall, slim guy with flatcap and sunglasses.. I had to stare all the time.

Ha, something similar happened to me a while ago and I just couldn't take off my eyes of that guy... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 18, 2014 2:07 pm  #11

That happened to me in the airport last month... flat cap, lots of layers, blue denim shirt and sunglasses... slender... I think he noticed me staring. 

When you are fighting with a guy on an online dating chat site (breeding ground for drama...) because he is too clingy... and ugh. And you actually type "Because you're not Benedict Cumberbatch!!" When he continues to ask you why you can't deal with him... I never hit send, but I was tempted. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 19, 2014 3:53 pm  #12

When you at the all day meeting see a picture taken of the entire ward last year and realize the doctor (who does have some of Ben's features) was wearing the exact same outfit and you have to cover your mouth because it makes you think of a certain actor 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 1, 2014 9:15 am  #13

SolarSystem wrote:

Zatoichi wrote:

Ha, something similar happened to me a while ago and I just couldn't take off my eyes of that guy... 

Yesterday it happened again.. the guy didn´t even resemble Benedict except for his very sharp cheekbones and the lower part of his face/his neck.. but I couldn´t help turning my head several times.

We went to a train museum, and in one carriage an ad read "Benedikt - language school and IT solutions" - made my day. Another train from around the 1920s reminded me of a certain scene in Parade´s End.. pleasant times for a CumberCookie..

September 2, 2014 11:28 pm  #14

This is going to make me sound like a terrible person I bet... 

My guy has Aphasia (which means he can't barely talk and prefers to communicate via emails and post-it notes)... I have heard a recording of him struggling to speak so I have heard his voice. 

But when I read his emails I hear them in Ben's voice inside my head... 

I really hope he never finds out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 3, 2014 12:41 am  #15

You find yourself defending Ben's honour against your crazy neighbour.

Said crazy neighbour has been surprisingly nice and helping me with some work around my property. Today, we started to bond over our mutual love of Star Trek. And then the subject got to the reboots and the neighbour said he hated the second one (Into Darkness) because the guy who singlehandedly destroyed the Sherlock Holmes universe destroyed the Star Trek universe, too.

Now, I'm not crazy about Khan, but let's just say I made it clear that on my property, Benedict Cumberbatch gets some respect!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

September 6, 2014 12:50 pm  #16

You are spelling his name to co-workers trying to Google him.

You are willing to re-watch the train-wreck that is STID just to appreciate his performance (that was a huge moment for me).

You feel a little glow of woman-power every time he objects to Cumberb*tches.'

September 19, 2014 9:12 pm  #17

When having to write the term 'Friends with Benefits' a few times and every time ended up writing Friends with Benedict...

Oh I wish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 27, 2014 9:03 pm  #18

When you have a million reasons to buy and wear this necklace... but you noticed it for the glasses that reminds you of Benedict with his hot glasses!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 21, 2016 10:22 pm  #19

I have a couple contributions to this (partly posted here because I have nowhere else to post them that are appropriate).

The first one is a funny anecdote from December about my dad.  Yes, my dad.  Basically, I think he's a little more of a Benedict fan than he lets on (he is the one who suggested we watch Sherlock after we saw The Imitation Game, the same day, and he Googled Benedict before I did).
Anyway, so this past December we were watching Augst:Osage County on TV.  My dad was preparing dinner and watching on the TV in the kitchen.  My mum and I were on the couch in the family room around the corner watching it on the TV in there.  We're just at the beginning of the scene where Little Charles arrives when my mum and I hear my dad shout "It's Benedict Cumberbatch!"
Also, out of context he will talk about Sherlock as being "Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch." Ha ha.

My next is something that I remember going through last year, but had not realized I had documented in my journal so much.  Now, I will admit that this somewhat was set off by a certain fun interview along with Keira Knightley that I saw late December, but this is what I have documented. Here are some excerpts from about a year ago, along with the date of each entry that appear in.

January 8th, 2015
It took a minute or two to calm down when I went to bed, because I had been watching lots of videos of Benedict Cumberbatch and some Martin Freeman and was giggling about "pengwings" and "He's an angry little hobbit."

January 9th, 2015
This evening I fell (eventually) into the "pengweng" hole.  He says it in a few interviews, sometimes getting it right.

January 10th, 2015
Still finding videos where Benedict says "pengwengs." Wondering whether I should feel bad about looking for it.

I do not remember writing this in my journal for THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS, even if I do remember not being able to stop laughing.  So yeah.  That was the state I was in last January.  I am by no means this affected by hearing that anymore.  Though I do wonder what will happen once his son gets older and catches on.

Clueing for looks.

January 25, 2016 4:33 pm  #20

^Lovely!

I just managed to fall asleep in front of the telly... and guess what woke me? Ben's voice! They were showing Stephen Hawking's Great Design. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera