BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2014 3:21 pm  #1

What's For Dinner?

Well, what are you having for dinner tonight? Or what did you have?

I'm just on my way to fry up some burgers with coleslaw... pretty simple but always delicious. Just beef, bread and coleslaw and nothing else! Yum!

I just realized I haven't had any iron rich food in a month, no wonder I was so tired and ill... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 18, 2015 9:46 am  #2

Re: What's For Dinner?

Mhhmm... I think I'll go for self-baked rolls with jam tonight. Boring, kind of ;-)

or is Dinner is per definition a warm meal? In Germany, I think it's still usual to have a warm meal at lunch - if possible. But when I was in the UK, I realised that people grabbed sandwiches for lunch and had a warm meal in the evening (or for breakfast, awesome, I love english breakfast!!!)...

Is "What's for Dinner" a hint to a TV show or sth similar? it sounds like an established slogan  :-)

"It is what it is."

June 18, 2015 12:47 pm  #3

Hubby and I were lazy last night.  We were running errands and ended up grabbing a roast chicken and some potato salad from the deli.  It's too freaking hot to cook! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 18, 2015 5:50 pm  #4

Probably some lamb chops done medium rare on the BBQ (with some lemon and oregano on them), brown rice with lentils and quinoa in it, and a green salad.  I am going shopping for groceries this after noon so I will pick up everything today and cook it later.  For dessert we will have some yogurt and fresh berries.  And tea (Father Tim's Earl Grey concoction that Ben described on the video) - of course!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

June 19, 2015 4:17 am  #5

I am trying hard to have dinner without carbs. It doesn't always work so this thread is perfect. I can use it to control myself better.

Yesterday we had scrambled eggs (without bread for me) and tons of water melon and canary melon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 19, 2015 1:47 pm  #6

oh, I need more watermelon.  It's so delicious when the weather is hot.

Talk about lazy.  I had a cheese sandwich last night. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 19, 2015 1:56 pm  #7

tonnaree wrote:

Never mind. Today you can have something healty. And before you sit down to eat ... clear your inbox. I cannot send you a PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 19, 2015 2:17 pm  #8

Schmiezi wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Never mind. Today you can have something healty. And before you sit down to eat ... clear your inbox. I cannot send you a PM.

Oh crap!

DONE!

Last edited by tonnaree (June 19, 2015 2:20 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 19, 2015 2:40 pm  #9

BTW tonight my headmaster is having her farewell dinner. I do not expect to eat moderate and / or healthy.

June 19, 2015 3:25 pm  #10

Schmiezi wrote:

BTW tonight my headmaster is having her farewell dinner. I do not expect to eat moderate and / or healthy.

Celebrations don't have calories. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 19, 2015 8:13 pm  #11

Wholemeal spaghetti, avocado with garlic, lemon and seasoning plus chopped up fresh tomato all mixed into it. Some Parmesan on top.  Burnt off enough calories at the gym to allow myself a glass of red wine. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 20, 2015 4:22 pm  #12

You're all making me drool!

I just pulled a very cheesy lasagna out of the oven and waiting for it to cool a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2015 4:28 pm  #13

Tuna steaks, roasted potatoes with a bit of rosemary, green salad. 
And a glass of Spanish red wine. Dry, of course.
Whilst listening to " Clair de lune" .

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2015 8:39 pm  #14

Thai style tuna fish cakes with sweet potato. Garlic and herb Philidephia on the potato. Sme steamed vegetables: sweetcorn, broccoli (super food) and carrots. Dessert: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries with 0% fat Greek style yoghurt (this is low sugar too). Just finishing with a snack of water biscuits with some low fat cheddar cheese. Nom nom nom. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2015 2:03 pm  #15

Yesterday was good. First vegetarian pita with very tasty cheese and salad, and later in the evening vegetarian bbq with cheese and some nice mushrooms filled with herb butter, and not to forget paprika, tomatoes and pasta salad, beer and red wine :-)

"It is what it is."

June 21, 2015 2:48 pm  #16

Are you vegetarian Whisky?  Or just occasionally eat that way?

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2015 2:58 pm  #17

@ tonnaree: the other way round ;-) I'm indeed a vegetarian, but one who occasionally eats some meat to keep my stomach used to it ;-)  I still consider myself one even if I eat meat once a month or so.
I have been a vegetarian nearly all my life, I stopped eating meat as a child as soon as I understood that meat means eating dead animals
I'm not one of those though who try to convert people to eat vegetarian, and I'd never turn vegan.

Last edited by Whisky (June 21, 2015 3:03 pm)

"It is what it is."

June 21, 2015 3:23 pm  #18

Thanks Whisky.  Just curious.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2015 3:51 pm  #19

Tonight: sautéed broccolini with cremini mushrooms and leeks, chunks of butter roasted sweet potatoes, organic roasted chicken stuffed with herbs from my garden and baby lemons.  Fresh fruit for dessert... and tea of course. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

June 21, 2015 4:43 pm  #20

Yum, you all are having great meals!

I'm reheating my lasagna from yesterday. But it's a step up from living off pudding for a week because of my pains! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera