BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2014 2:07 pm  #1

I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore

Moriarty was brought back even though he had been quoted as saying he was finished back in early 2013 saying “He shot himself in the face, what more do you want? Do you think they were up on that rooftop to fake suicide each other?.”

Here is the link
http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/07/18/sdcc-2013-sherlock-panel/

I don’t know whether they decided to bring Moriarty back at the last minute (an eleventh hour decision) or if his return was part of the plan all along and he just lied about him being finished to shock all the fans. Either way, I have to take what he says in interviews in regards to his plans for the show with a grain of salt. Moffat is a great TV writer (ASiP and ASIB are proof) but from now on I can’t trust what he says.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (June 3, 2014 2:13 pm)

June 3, 2014 2:17 pm  #2

Re: I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore

I don't know much about ACD canon, but one thing I do know is that there were two Moriarties. I believe they were brothers, like Sherlock and Mycroft, but don't quote me on that. I believe that the Moriarty we've come to know isn't the real one, but rather the public face of the real one and the real one will be revealed in season 4.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 3, 2014 2:59 pm  #3

Well we actually dunno yet, if he is really back.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 3, 2014 3:03 pm  #4

It was the first thing I have learnt after I joined the fandom - never to trust Moffat and Gatiss. All in all they were guys who have directed some fake scenes (for example with Mycroft and Moriarty) just to confuse fans. I think I will never trust them, even if the say that grass is green and sky is blue.

I think that they have planned to bring Moriarty back (or at least show him in the end of HLV) from the beginning and all theirs talking about this topic was only teasing (in a good way) with fans.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 3, 2014 3:05 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 3, 2014 4:27 pm  #5

We actually don't know if he's really alive or not. If it turns out that he is, I'd agree with you. It's one thing to evade questions misdirect your audience by fimling fake scenes, and another to outright lie to them.

I'd be quite disappointed if Jim turns out to be alive, actually. I love Andrew Scott, of course, and his Moriarty if fantastic, but... he died. If everyone fake their death, it's not interesting anymore. Irene, Sherlock, and now Moriarty?

"The game is never over, John. But there may be some new players now. That's OK; the East Wind takes us all in the end."

June 3, 2014 4:33 pm  #6

I would still forgive him, because I love both him and Andrew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2014 4:41 pm  #7

If they do it in very convincing way I think I will gladly welcome Moriarty back. But I agree with you Jasmine that there is far to much resurrection in this show. I hope that they will do something surprising instead of "hackneyed" way. But I do believe in them and I'm sure that they figure out something amazing

Last edited by MartaSt (June 3, 2014 4:47 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 3, 2014 4:46 pm  #8

One of my favourite theories is that Janine is Moriarty's sister and will be revealed as being 'real' Moriarty. Anyone else heard that one? She's also Irish with dark hair and dark eyes, which may or may not be a coincidence. Remember the envelope in TGG, addressed in a woman's strong, sure hand? I think that will become important in season 4.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 3, 2014 4:50 pm  #9

We have no clue if he is back or not... although the theory of 'our' Moriarty being a public image actually sounds good to me. Would also make some sense of that weird loop video...

But regarding Moffat and Gattis, I never believe a word they say about anything... Not a single one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 3, 2014 4:51 pm  #10

Janine has been discussed extensively on the forum!
Can't wait to find out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2014 4:51 pm  #11

I've never heard of this theory. But somehow I think that we will never see Janine again - she played her part and she is no longer needed. But that's only my prediction, we will see what will happen in the future.

"

June 3, 2014 5:05 pm  #12

Does anyone ever believe Moffat?  ;-)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2014 5:06 pm  #13

Aw, he sometimes tells the truth...bless him.

June 3, 2014 5:10 pm  #14

SusiGo wrote:

Does anyone ever believe Moffat? ;-)

Hahaha probably not

"

June 3, 2014 5:13 pm  #15

I do!

June 3, 2014 5:16 pm  #16

But I believe that it's somehow their charm that after their words you have to think if they are true or not

"

June 3, 2014 5:17 pm  #17

Moffit is a black hearted lying bastard.  But I love him anyway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 3, 2014 5:22 pm  #18

Not being able to trust him is such a big part of the charm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 13, 2014 7:26 pm  #19

I have never believed anything Moffat says, ever. Nor Gatiss. They are complete trolls, the pair of them. The entire production team and cast of Sherlock are, in fact.

As for Moriarty, my vote is for the twin brothers. That's what I'd LIKE to happen, but it will probably end up being something completely different and unexpected, knowing this show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 13, 2014 7:28 pm  #20

I'm hoping for twin bros, too.
What about Janine?
Is she a family member..or a red herring?

Last edited by besleybean (June 13, 2014 7:29 pm)

Board footera