BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2014 2:06 pm  #1

Im Zeichen der Drei (TSoT), German TV ARD, June 8, 2014

A place for everything dubbed TSoT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 2, 2014 8:39 pm  #2

Re: Im Zeichen der Drei (TSoT), German TV ARD, June 8, 2014

I know we still have almost a week to go before the episode airs, but here is my revolutionary theory about the scene in which John asks Sherlock to be his best man. I guess we all agree that the best man - best friend thing won't work like that in the dubbed version. So I think they will simply do the following:

Sherlock: Sie... Sie meinen...

John: Ja.
Sherlock: Ich bin ihr... bester Freund?
John: Trauzeuge.

Sherlock will say 'best friend', John will simply say 'Trauzeuge'. The play with words will be completely gone, but I guess they just don't have any other choice, right?

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 2, 2014 8:40 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 2, 2014 8:43 pm  #3

But according to my headcanon at this point we will already have " Duzlock", Solar.
And: this way it gets difficult to come back to: " Natürlich bist du mein bester Freund."

Last edited by mrshouse (June 2, 2014 8:47 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 2, 2014 8:55 pm  #4

In my headcanon they change to 'Du' right after that short dialogue. Remember, this scene is told as a flashback. We actually don't hear Sherlock and John adress each other with 'you' before that scene in the episode - I looked it up and checked. This is the very first scene in the episode in which they talk to each other directly.

So, right after John's "Trauzeuge" he would continue and say: "Natürlich bist... Du das. Natürlich bist Du mein bester Freund." And there we would go with the 'Du'.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 6, 2014 9:12 pm  #5

Thank god the Sie-Mist is bald over....
My mother finds Sherlock boring -.- and she didn't understand it... she asked be today something about the trailer, why he jumped from that roof and so on. And she called Watson... That man, Sherlock's employee.... thank you German dubbing nonsense... Watson Sherlocks employee... oh Jes'

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 7, 2014 8:24 am  #6

So I got the Blueray in the mail this morning and for the sake of... uhm... scientific research I just watched the proposal scene.
And I won't give anything away of course, let me just tell you: I was quite moved by it. Yes, can't really believe it myself. In my opinion it works beautifully. I'm sure you will all like it.
And by the way, I think they did a pretty clever thing to prepare the audience for the "Du" during the phone call between Mycroft and Sherlock. But you'll see... and hear.

June 7, 2014 8:35 am  #7

You got it early. Isn't it released on Tuesday? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 7, 2014 8:52 am  #8

Yes, well... you won't like it, but I ordered it from Amazon. And I suppose because of Pentecost they sent it one day earlier than they normally would, to make sure it definitely arrives after the bank holiday. So, here we are...
And I just was too curious and already watched some other scenes as well... and I like what they did, on the whole. I'd love to go into details right now (the stag night, there is one line from Sherlock that totally cracked me up!), but that wouldn't be fair. 

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 7, 2014 8:53 am)

June 7, 2014 9:22 am  #9

Well, of course I don't like it    However, I had checked their offer and it still says 10th as release day. So you were lucky. (Except for your bad karma now due to Amazon .)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 7, 2014 9:26 am  #10

Totally OT but it made me happpy: During breakfast I was listening to the radio. The really lovely singer of Kraftklub who had thrown some hints regarding their new album was interviewed and said "Some of our fans are real little Sherlocks." Not Sherlock Holmeses but Sherlocks. Might be fanboy.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 7, 2014 9:48 am  #11

Oh, now I am curious . I was surprised that the release is that fast in Germany too, good work!
Well it seems that the dubbing is much better done on this season. I am glad about this . But yet still I won't buy the German version, just no need to.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 7, 2014 10:49 am  #12

No, I won't buy it, either. I'll just record it. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 7, 2014 11:05 am  #13

For peace's sake in our household I waited for the german version to buy, and will mostly use the english audio later on.
But I think it's nice to have a choice. Even if the german words on screen are a little annoying 

June 7, 2014 2:17 pm  #14

I agree. And, as you mentioned before, I already discovered some things which I missed in the English version.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 8, 2014 6:55 am  #15

Harriet wrote:

For peace's sake in our household I waited for the german version to buy, and will mostly use the english audio later on.

Me too! And I usually show it to my pupils in german, because I want them to like it. Their English is not really good enough to understand AND enjoy at the same time. So it is not just for household peace, but also for work. Kind of. Ahem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 8, 2014 8:11 am  #16

I will record them instead of buying the DVDs as I already have the original DVDs. And it is important for me to watch them with my family as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 8, 2014 11:52 am  #17

Schmiezi wrote:

So it is not just for household peace, but also for work. Kind of. Ahem.

Like for science. And art. Very important, and all that. 

June 8, 2014 2:53 pm  #18

And Sherlockian science is the most important science of all. Even if it's dubbed.

June 8, 2014 9:16 pm  #19

Yes ... well I am really satisfied with the dubbed version. Really good choice to stay with the best man original. Und the change to "du". 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 8, 2014 9:16 pm  #20

Okay, apart from the fact that Mary was clearly recognizable in the trailer they just showed for HLV...
...I love Sherlock's "Ich hol nur mal schnell was raus" (I love myself a bit of Johnlock subtext, even if it sort of just happened and is no subtext at all ) and his "Das Spiel hat.... dings".

Board footera