BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2012 5:57 pm  #1

Bafta Audience Awards

Through Twitter: tomorrow the Audience Awards voting starts. Now I wonder which series we are going to vote for. Keep an eye out on BAFTA'S website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2012 2:17 am  #2

Re: Bafta Audience Awards

Are non-UK people allowed to vote?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 19, 2012 4:12 am  #3

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 19, 2012 4:20 am  #4

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/british-tv/news/a377184/celebrity-juice-sherlock-battle-for-bafta-youtube-audience-award.html
Celebrity Juice', 'Sherlock' battle for BAFTA YouTube Audience Award

ITV2's Keith Lemon comedy vehicle Celebrity Juice is the surprise nomination in this year's BAFTA YouTube Audience Award shortlist.

The comedy panel show, which features Holly Willoughby and Fearne Cotton, will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow ITV2 hit and last year's YouTube Award winner The Only Way Is Essex and take home the gong at this year's Arqiva British Academy Television Awards.
ITV2's Keith Lemon comedy vehicle Celebrity Juice is the surprise nomination in this year's BAFTA YouTube Audience Award shortlist.
The comedy panel show, which features Holly Willoughby and Fearne Cotton, will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of fellow ITV2 hit and last year's YouTube Award winner The Only Way Is Essex and take home the gong at this year's Arqiva British Academy Television Awards.
Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock, Sir David Attenborough's documentary series Frozen Planet and Mary Berry's hit cookery competition series The Great British Bake Off are also battling for the prize.
Completing the shortlist, which was devised by a team of journalists and broadcasters including Digital Spy, are Channel 4's Educating Essex and Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong's university sitcom Fresh Meat.
Fans can vote for their favourite from their list between April 19 and 5pm on Thursday, May 24.

The TV BAFTAs will be hosted by Dara O'Briain at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday, May 27, and will air on BBC One.
Viewers can vote for their favourite show online at YouTube.com/baftaonline. The official Twitter hashtag is #YTAAvote.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 19, 2012 1:53 pm  #5

Link to vote: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-19/from-celebrity-juice-to-sherlock,-vote-for-your-bafta-audience-award-winner

(So far we only have 799 votes. It's pretty trag. Leaves us with only 97.2%....I love this Fandom)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 19, 2012 3:46 pm  #6

I don't think non-Uk people are allowed to vote. The poll on the Bafta site is only available for Uk people.
http://www.youtube.com/baftaonline
It looks like it's the link for the poll, but I can't access it -_-.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 19, 2012 4:41 pm  #7

I'm in the UK and I can't work out how to access it either though! Help!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2012 4:49 pm  #8

http://www.youtube.com/user/Baftaonline?ob=0&feature=results_main

Last edited by tobeornot221b (April 19, 2012 6:49 pm)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 19, 2012 9:32 pm  #9

Agh you're right the link I found wasn't the right one

GO UK SHERLOCKIANS, GO!

April 19, 2012 10:02 pm  #10

I'm so sad I can't vote... 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 19, 2012 10:14 pm  #11

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-19/from-celebrity-juice-to-sherlock,-vote-for-your-bafta-audience-award-winner

Look at the amount of votes Sherlock has already. It's unbelievable! I think it's definitely going to win, lol.

The power of the Sherlockians!!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 19, 2012 10:16 pm  #12

Well, Wholocked, if it was the right link, Sherlock would have easily win : ). But, yeah, it's sad we can't really vote : (.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 19, 2012 11:00 pm  #13

Sherlock has to win, otherwise I will have the same expression as Martin last year.
http://maria217.tumblr.com/post/21401514376/sherlock-bafta-youtube-2012

April 20, 2012 4:33 am  #14

Irene_Adler wrote:

I'm so sad I can't vote... 

Well, it has happened before that someone who was expected to be in Germany found himself in a car boot in Southwark, hasn't it? 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 20, 2012 5:00 am  #15

Oh! Good one! Still can't get the correct link on my I-pad so will have to try on my other computer later.

April 24, 2012 1:21 pm  #16

I've read quite a few articles on this award & it seems last year, while everyone thought SHerlock was a 'shoe in' to win, they were pipped at the post.
This has happened manytimes in 'audience vote' competitions as people get lax and figure 'everyone else is voting for them , I don't need to".

Well, last yeat proved ' IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!

So please, please please: anyone who is eligible to vote MAKE SURE YOU DO!!!
And send that message to everyone you can whether on Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc etc.

We as a fandom have been insulted by the Bafta-arian clan; Moffat & Gatiss have been wronged, and the good name of BBCSherlock shall be missing from the history books on this award!
This means WAR!

I'll be contacting my niece over there & urging her to place my vote for me. Anyone else who cannot vote should THINK! (using Sherlock's best THINK voice) Contact that long lost Aunt and urge her to vote, tell her it is necessary to ensure your sanity; promise to send more cards to her; offer to do her lawn whenever you get over that way; sell your innermost secrets to her if necessary; but get everyone to VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

**This has been a community announcement on behalf of all Sherlock fans who may soon be losing their minds; or what little they have left !**

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 24, 2012 1:47 pm  #17

Also, you can use different web browsers and different computers to vote more than once. Using this method I've been able to vote 8 times! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 24, 2012 1:55 pm  #18

Yes! Visit many libraries, oh my pretty Sherlockians!

April 24, 2012 2:03 pm  #19

Please, UK residents, someone vote for me!!
I have no aunts in Britain... 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 24, 2012 2:07 pm  #20

I've seen someone posting about how to trick the voting process and disguise your IP address so it looks like you are in the UK. This is illegal so I won't be doing it. The thing is , if they discover this happening, it may well jeopardise the whole comp really although I am sure it happens a lot anyway online.
I couldn't do it; I think that is going a bit far.
I'd hate to see Sherlock ruled out of contention if they believe it is rife. I actually wish those posts were all taken down; it's never good to promote cheating & that is all it is;  this show deserves better than that.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera