BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2014 5:20 pm  #1

Favourite Quotes from Fan Fics *warning - possible adult content*

Okay, so we certainly all have read sentences in fanfics that just blew us away or (almost) made us cry or were just... perfect. So let's collect them, shall we?
But in order to avoid SPOILERS please make sure to first mention the title and the author - there might be people reading this who haven't read the fic yet and don't want to know anything about it.

I'll start with this quote, it's from a Johnlock-fic I'm still reading right now: "If you close your eyes" by nothingislittle.
(http://archiveofourown.org/works/1173537/chapters/2390555?view_adult=true)

"I want." Sherlock takes deep breaths. "I want everything. I want to take you apart and write my name all over the inside of you so that when you're put back together you'll never forget that you're mine and that I had you and that you're mine."

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 5, 2014 5:51 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 5, 2014 5:25 pm  #2

Re: Favourite Quotes from Fan Fics *warning - possible adult content*

Could you add the fic's name, honey-dear? That would be great 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 5, 2014 5:27 pm  #3

Don't complain, add a quote, love!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 5, 2014 5:32 pm  #4

Fine, I just downloaded the same! (It's on the end of my list, and this is the end of me being off-topic)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 5, 2014 5:32 pm  #5

From Silent Auror, "Against The Rest Of The World"

"He holds everything that I am in the palm of his hands and could crush me with a single word, a solitary breath." 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 5, 2014 6:09 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 5, 2014 5:35 pm  #6

Oh, Susi... so poetic...
I think I'll have to read that one next...

May 5, 2014 5:39 pm  #7

Great, Susi, that was a spoiler for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 5, 2014 5:42 pm  #8

Sorry, I wanted to mention this - what about spoilers? This might be a problem. Maybe first the source, then the quote? Would this be enough? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 5, 2014 5:48 pm  #9

Sounds like a good idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 5, 2014 5:50 pm  #10

Or, to be safe, HTML-link and line number 

May 5, 2014 5:52 pm  #11

I've included a note about spoilers in my opening post.

May 5, 2014 6:36 pm  #12

I assume that the thread is not restricted to BBC Sherlock. Therefore - 

Katie Forsythe, "A Hymn To The Endlessly Falling"

"Sherlock Holmes, let it be said, will be shocking me speechless for the remainder of our time together. Age doth not wither, nor custom stale, etc. He is a maker of miracles, an author of the impossible, and all the while, I am allowed to watch. It is my privilege. The greatest of my life."

May 6, 2014 2:44 am  #13

My absolutely all-time favourite quote from a fic is from The Green Blade by Verity Burns.

I'm not sure that it has much impact without the context though so I've had to include some of the ranting by the murderer. I've taken out his name but it still might be a bit of a spoiler if you haven't read it. I made the font black so you have to highlight it to read it. Hopefully that will help

Quote in bold. I don't know why it's always stayed with me. I think it just feels like it sums up the (in this fic, platonic) relationship between the boys so well.

"The Green Blade" wrote:

"You don't have friends because you're incapable of being one," {bad guy} snarled. "You play your damned violin at three in the morning, whether people are asleep or not." He drew his arm back and Sally squeezed her eyes shut, struggling to breathe with the hand over her mouth. "Why should you care if your so-called friend has broken nights, or if he needs his rest? I've heard the yelling - he has nightmares, you know!"

There was a click from the doorway.
"That's why he plays, you idiot."

Last edited by Wholocked (May 6, 2014 2:45 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 6, 2014 6:02 am  #14

Wonderful quote. 

May 6, 2014 7:11 am  #15

I found mine! It's a comic one, not exactly a spoiler: Katie Forsythe, Minor Interludes For the Solo Violin:

"And the old bookseller had merely cackled unpleasantly and called us a pair of clumsy sods, which was only half true for we are never clumsy ... "

Last edited by Harriet (June 29, 2014 4:57 pm)

May 6, 2014 7:28 am  #16

May 7, 2014 12:27 pm  #17

I love this one, because it's so Sherlock and at the same time... so sweet.

"Against the Rest of the World" by SilentAuror

He reads whatever I’m thinking again. (This is inconvenient: John, the consulting detective of my emotional state. I’ll never be able to keep anything from him as long as he’s standing so close that our chests are still touching and looking apparently directly into my soul. Ugh.)

May 7, 2014 1:18 pm  #18

Yes. This. Wonderful. 

May 7, 2014 1:25 pm  #19

This is from: The Adventure of the Missing Reindeer. http://archiveofourown.org/works/711599
Maybe not intentional but it just cracked me up. 

'Sherlock treated the Dancer the same way he usually treated Lestrade. He grabbed her by one antler and dragged her into the stall.'

May 7, 2014 1:43 pm  #20

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. This. Wonderful. 

There are so many wonderful quotes in that fic... the whole fic is practically one giant wonderful quote...

Board footera