BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2014 11:02 am  #1

Sherlock World Record

I found this on Sherlockology! You can take part to try and break the world record... Of most people dressed as Sherlock!! If I'm around I'm definitely going!!
More information here:
http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2014/4/12/sherlock-world-record-120414

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 31, 2014 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock World Record

I've heard about that but unfortunately I won't be able to go. So I'm going to enter the raffle for the sherlock goodies. It's for charity as well so it's for a good cause (And I guess it wouldn't be a terrible thing if I somehow won....)

Can someone post photos of it if you're allowed? I'd love to see how it all goes and if sherlockians can break the world record!!

July 8, 2014 11:37 am  #3

I'm going and I can't wait to dress up as Sherlock! I've entered the raffle and signed up for my deerstalker, pipe and magnifing glass. Looking forward to meeting other Sherlock fans!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 8, 2014 2:11 pm  #4

Yeah, I'm going.
And bringing a Sherlockian friend from America who is staying with me that week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 12, 2014 10:22 am  #5

I signed up and got a paypal confirmation, but no other confirmation.  It didn't ask for any of my details.  Is that the same for everybody or has something gone wrong?  Do they post out the hats, etc.?

July 29, 2014 9:01 pm  #6

Liberty wrote:

I signed up and got a paypal confirmation, but no other confirmation.  It didn't ask for any of my details.  Is that the same for everybody or has something gone wrong?  Do they post out the hats, etc.?

You will get your hat, etc given to you on the day.

July 30, 2014 9:26 pm  #7

Thanks, I've got the confirmation now ... they must just take a while to be sent out after paying. 

August 29, 2014 5:10 pm  #8

See you all on Sunday. (I'm in a wheelchair and my name is Kate) I hope everyone has fun.

August 31, 2014 4:04 pm  #9

Looks like we broke the record! 

August 31, 2014 5:10 pm  #10

A video from Steven and Sue www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/sherlock-holmes-and-the-leeds-mystery-of-the-world-record-attempt-1-6814777 

August 31, 2014 5:44 pm  #11

We broke the World Record!! Yay!! It was a great day and I loved dancing the Sherlock Dance with everyone. It was brilliant!! 

(To the woman called Becky? who is also a member on here, I'm sorry I wasn't ignoring you I couldn't hear you but it was lovely to meet you as well.)

August 31, 2014 5:49 pm  #12

A lovely light wrote:

A video from Steven and Sue www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/sherlock-holmes-and-the-leeds-mystery-of-the-world-record-attempt-1-6814777 

The video from Steven and Sue was a great surprise! I wasn't expecting that at the Sherlock World Record today!

August 31, 2014 6:00 pm  #13

Bronte89 wrote:

We broke the World Record!! Yay!! It was a great day and I loved dancing the Sherlock Dance with everyone. It was brilliant!!

(To the woman called Becky? who is also a member on here, I'm sorry I wasn't ignoring you I couldn't hear you but it was lovely to meet you as well.)

That was me!  Don't worry, I couldn't hear a thing either with the band playing, but it was lovely to meet you too!   It was a beautiful day, wasn't it?  We were completely hopeless - I managed to get lost driving there, and then later we went to visit the animals and the teashop and almost missed the world record attempt! 

There's an article in the Mirror about it too, with lots of pictures.

Last edited by Liberty (August 31, 2014 6:04 pm)

August 31, 2014 6:23 pm  #14

Liberty wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

That was me!  Don't worry, I couldn't hear a thing either with the band playing, but it was lovely to meet you too!   It was a beautiful day, wasn't it?  We were completely hopeless - I managed to get lost driving there, and then later we went to visit the animals and the teashop and almost missed the world record attempt! 

There's an article in the Mirror about it too, with lots of pictures.

Hi! It was a brilliant day. Although I live close to Temple newsam I'd never been there before. I felt so hot in my coat! You met my mum too. I loved dancing with other sherlockians. Did you have a good day? Is your name Becky?

August 31, 2014 6:46 pm  #15

Yes, that's my name.  I only put my coat on for the record attempt, but I was still too hot (I'd worn an old suit to try to keep in character).  I used to go to Temple Newsam years ago so it was nice to see it again (when I eventually found it.. I'm sure they must have moved it since I last went).    Good for you for doing the dance!  My son made me promise not to so I just watched - it looked great seeing everybody do it together. 

August 31, 2014 6:54 pm  #16

Liberty wrote:

Yes, that's my name.  I only put my coat on for the record attempt, but I was still too hot (I'd worn an old suit to try to keep in character).  I used to go to Temple Newsam years ago so it was nice to see it again (when I eventually found it.. I'm sure they must have moved it since I last went).    Good for you for doing the dance!  My son made me promise not to so I just watched - it looked great seeing everybody do it together. 

Loved the dance! My dad filmed us all doing the dance on his phone - it looks really good. I thought the video from Steven and Sue was a nice surprise. Wish BC was in the video too. My hat kept falling off my head!

September 2, 2014 10:37 am  #17

Did anybody from here win anything in the raffle?  I didn't, but happy to that the money is going to such a good cause. 

September 2, 2014 3:26 pm  #18

According to Facebook today, a woman called Susan Kim from Canada won the Sherlock raffle.

September 6, 2014 10:08 pm  #19

I'm feeling a bit sad that the Sherlock event is over. A brilliant day and I really want to do the Sherlock Boogie again!

September 7, 2014 9:20 am  #20

Maybe it could be an annual event?  At least while the series is running, anyway.

Board footera