BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2012 1:01 am  #1

Sherlock May 2nd NYC event

Let's go!

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2012/4/17/masterpiece-pbs-sherlock-screening-17042012

75 pairs of free tickets to be given away.  New York,  with Steven Moffat, Sue Virtue,
Benedict Cumberbatch,   Q&A and autographs  after the screening of excerpts
from A Scandal In Belgravia.     Enter to win,  by April 24.

April 18, 2012 1:26 am  #2

Re: Sherlock May 2nd NYC event

I've entered! Would die if I won. Moffat, Vertue, Cumberbatch?? UH-OH. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 27, 2012 12:43 am  #3

aw,  so I guess I wasn't picked among the lucky 125 free tickets.   Anyone else?   I hope we'll
get to see some of this on youtube eventually.

Consoling myself,  just bought tickets for the local showing of the 2 Frankenstein re-broadcasts
(both B.C. and Jonny Lee)  in June.

May 1, 2012 9:57 pm  #4

Featuring Benedict, Moffat, Vertue. Available courtesy of Sherlockology:

https://www.facebook.com/pbs/app_142371818162

Does anyone know what time this will be in England??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 3, 2012 2:36 am  #5

Did anyone watch it? I saw it all on Facebook. It was AMAZING!! Benedict & Moffat were both hilarious.

May 3, 2012 3:47 am  #6

Yes, I did, too. 
I didn't intend to, honestly! But then I woke  just ten minutes before and I thought, why then, why not?
Oh, it was absolutely worth it...the boys were sparkling...only poor Sue seemed to be a little out of place, almost no questions for her. But then I think she must be used to it when being in this line-up...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 3, 2012 5:04 am  #7

Folks are beginning to tweet photos from the event.   Hope there will be a rebroadcast soon!
Looks like it was a lot of fun.

http://ow.ly/i/BmCV

May 3, 2012 5:40 am  #8

I missed it - I was really hoping it would be uploaded to YouTube or something

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 3, 2012 5:23 pm  #9

May 3, 2012 6:13 pm  #10

Yay! I shall now, hopefully, watch at my leisure.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 3, 2012 7:41 pm  #11

Goodness me.

I think I'll have to get the subtitled version of those videos - my North American cousins are a little too 'maniac' for my ears.

Looked like a good knees up though.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 3, 2012 10:07 pm  #12

This was fun to watch apart from the 3rd part when I could get no sound!

Comments: Steven's slight Welsh accent he's acquired; Mark Gatiss and dogs, better tell Ian oh and their dog(s) in case he wants to frame them! ; edits for the US bah humbug, Benedict is right! ; Benedict is a tease and love the collar up! ; Steven wanting to meet Irene Adler for tea...brave man 'it's only tea darling!'; Benedict's 'there's no need to be churlish or bitter about Elementary...' he's so British in this respect.

Other observations- lot of screaming and whooping from our North American cousins ( not you Canucks). I agree m0r. They are so terribly  'enthusiastic ' about things aren't they!

Also, you can tell that Ben went to Public School - for US reference that is not the same as Public School in the US, far from it!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 4, 2012 4:36 am  #13

JaneCo thank you for posting the youtube links!

more comments:  Everyone was very gracious weren't they,  despite all the fan hysteria..

I did like the comments about inventing a 'backstory' - Steven makes a case for it not being important, in fact
joked that he doesn't even know Mark Gatiss's backstory very well.   But Benedict adding that it
is indeed very helpful for an actor to know a character's story,  or at least make one up,  but no need to show it.

Enjoyed the final question about how would a Dr.Who/Sherlock meet-up go.   Steven suggesting
more fun may be a meeting between John Watson and Amy Pond.
both be chatting, 'what's your one like?'  'what's your one like?'   ..John would be getting
somewhere, but-- then they'd both stand up..  (he motions the height difference..)  ha.

Also interesting,  the announcement that they expect Sherlock Series 3 to be filmed *and shown*
in 2013.

And, that Benedict Cumberbatch really would love to bring the Frankenstein play to NYC.

May 5, 2012 11:10 am  #14

Found some nice pictures online that someone took who was actually there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcaric/7142749349/in/set-72157629959811995/

Board footera