BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2014 11:18 am  #1

Posting AO3 works - the easy way!

Hi guys

So, I've just discovered (or been shown) two amazingly awesome tools that makes posting fic recs 1000% easier if you are linking to AO3.

On the AO3 work page, there's a little grey button called "Share". If you click on this button, it pops up a box which contains a whole bunch of HTML code. (See image below)

But Wholocked, this forum is in BBCode, what use can I make of HTML?

Fret not! I found another whatsit that can help!

Copy the HTML code and paste it into this handy little converter (or any other like it - Google has many results) and convert it to BBCode. Then all you have to do is paste it into your Forum Message/Reply editor viola!

On another note - you may notice that there's a Tumblr and Twitter button on the Share page too. Yep, they do exactly what you think they do 

Here's the result for one of my own works (I put it in quote to help it stand out, the code didn't do that):

Hamartia[/url] (1184 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/DrWhoLocked]DrWhoLocked
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Characters: John Watson, Sherlock Holmes, Mrs Hudson
Additional Tags: Episode: s03e03 His Last Vow, Missing Scene
Summary:

Missing Scene in His Last Vow – takes place before Mary’s arrival at Leinster Gardens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 21, 2014 11:48 am  #2

Re: Posting AO3 works - the easy way!

Thanks!!

And that fic is AWESOME!

I'm clueing for looks

April 21, 2014 11:55 am  #3

Thank you for sharing. Read your fic again. Pity you cannot give kudos twice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2014 12:20 pm  #4

It's handy hey? Users can turn off the Tumblr/Twitter one-click share buttons but the HTML code thing should always be available. Makes posting all the relevant data easier. I'm of half a mind to go back and use it on the Masterlists, but that looks like a rather mammoth task *cringes*

(so that wasn't me hunting for more fic readers, seriously! Oops. Was just easy to use my own.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 22, 2014 7:34 am  #5

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you for sharing. Read your fic again. Pity you cannot give kudos twice. 

Well, technically speaking you can ... If you are not logged in. But who would to something like that???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 22, 2014 7:42 am  #6

Someone who likes the fic? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera